CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
the frame buffer patch is in devices->properties the magic happens there. I attach only one dp cable but all hdmi ports work and 2 monitors also should work. Sleep wake works properly. have woken the computer after 4 hours and it wakes with 2-3 keypress, have not tried long sleep behaviour

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N-WiFi-F10-Clover
CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z370N wifi
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks. I could certainly use a little magic. I'll have a look.

Edit: okay so the configuration for the framebuffer stuff is from FBPatcher. Looks like I should revisit FBPatcher and get WhateverGreen running properly under Lilu. My system is so stable now I'm reluctant to tweak.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/
As per my opinion if you want to attach 2 monitors to IGPU this patching is required for proper working

Motherboard
CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
if you want to attach 2 monitors to IGPU this patching is required
Yes, I agree. I only have one monitor, but it is via HDMI and I would prefer DP. So I'll have to get to grips with FBPatcher. Thanks for posting your EFI + Config. I'll follow them but I do like to make all changes myself so I have to learn what I'm doing.

Motherboard
GA-Z370N wifi
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
It’s the same method
Okay. I left the USB SSDT in place but I changed the framebuffer stuff in Devices->Properties->Devices/Properties Key as you suggested. Now DP works properly and booting is smoother without any graphics flashing artefacts. Thanks!

Main guide updated to reflect this.

Motherboard
CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
... It did cause my DP connection to quit working but I just moved it to a HDMI port. ...
Note sure if you saw the recent posts, but @Rajkhand's suggestions fix DP. I've updated my EFI/LE files if you haven't fixed already.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N ITX
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Note sure if you saw the recent posts, but @Rajkhand's suggestions fix DP. I've updated my EFI/LE files if you haven't fixed already.
I made the changes and now my DP port works. I am hoping that this might fix the intermittent flashing/blinking of my display. FYI I updated to 10.14.2 with no issues today. I think at this point the only issue I have left is my Magic Mouse won't stay connected via BT. I haven't chased after this one because I have been using a Logitech mouse. I like the ergonomics of the Logitech but the MM adds a lot of functionality. Thanks for your help.

Motherboard
GA-Z370N wifi
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hackintoshing is a continuous process, one has to experiment and understand what is happening. I read somewhere that if you are attaching a 4K monitor you should reserve 2048 memory instead of the default 1536 so I have made the changes and also I have defined all the ports including the dp port.

Will post the file in the evening. The changes have not made any apparent change in the working but according to me it’s a complete patch.

Motherboard
CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Will post the file in the evening. The changes have not made any apparent change in the working but according to me it’s a complete patch.
Great. If you can also post a diff from before to see what you did this time, that'd be good.

Hackintoshing is a continuous process, one has to experiment and understand what is happening.
Agree it is continuous. A lot of fun, maybe too much fun! I am supposed to be using my computer for work as well as play.

And I agree with knowing what is happening. I decided not to simply install someone else's EFI etc, but rather work out what changes were made and why, so I knew. I'll keep doing that with my guide, so people can understand what's inside the files and decide themselves to build manually or just apply the files.