Contribute
Register

[Guide] Fanless mini Mojave: i5-8600 | Gigabyte Z370N WiFi | Intel HD630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are all of these needed?

Okay, so I checked them out. Seem to have been installed with 3rd party apps. I just removed them and nothing's broken so far. My /L/E now only has the below, plus I updated the GitHub just for the record (* are later versions than I had in my folder):

* WhateverGreen.kext
* Lilu.kext
* AppleALC.kext
EnergyDriver.kext
AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

The sensors ones I need for iStatMenus so I put them into the kexts/Other folder on the EFI partition:

FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext

Last edited:
I now have your revised EFI and KEXTs installed. The only issue I am running into is the screen takes on a purple tint after a reboot. Replugging the HDMI cord fixes it. I have read posts that this is caused because of EDID of my monitor is incorrect and it thinks it is a television set. Thanks again.

Replugging the HDMI cord fixes it.

That is a pain. Maybe you can reset the EDID of the monitor. Or change the Display Profile. My Hack knows what my monitor is (Samsung SE790C) and offers me a heap of profiles. Not sure if that would help.

Another thought is the DP port, but as you said and I agree, it doesn't work. Maybe there's a way to do it, but I read that WhateverGreen/Lilu specifically works for HDMI. It should be possible though. I'd prefer to run DP as I only get 50Hz on the HDMI.

Last edited:
That is a pain. Maybe you can reset the EDID of the monitor. Or change the Display Profile. My Hack knows what my monitor is (Samsung SE790C) and offers me a heap of profiles. Not sure if that would help.

Another thought is the DP port, but as you said and I agree, it doesn't work. Maybe there's a way to do it, but I read that WhateverGreen/Lilu specifically works for HDMI. It should be possible though. I'd prefer to run DP as I only get 50Hz on the HDMI.
The colors only get screwed up during the boot process. Since I normally Sleep my system I think I will put up with replugging the cable when I reboot.

Everything works, attached find my EFIi folder. Have removed SMBIOS section, use 18,1 for no external graphics card and generate your serial number. I am using Dell 1560 card for wifi/bluetooth so have put in L/E
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and
IntelMausiEthernet.kext

all the rest in clover, kext,other
used intel FB Patcher for USB and GPU, Ports enabled in USB: Both USB3 ports attached to the front of my case via motherboard socket as well as USB 2 port. Back side there are 4 port on left out of that have disabled second port from top and one just below ethernet port also USB C port is disabled. So 4 USB3 ports from back, 2 USB3 ports in front total 6 USB3 ports, 1 USB2 port and 1 internal USB2 port for Bluetooth, total 14 ports. Which is defined in USBPorts.kext. With this you don't require any one of the rehab mans usbinjectall.kext,XHCI-...kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.8 MB · Views: 106
With this you don't require any one of the rehab mans usbinjectall.kext,XHCI-...kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml

Understood. I found the RehabMan method first and it's easy enough to do, plus for this motherboard anyone can modify mine if they want.

Later I tried FBPatcher on my board and it mapped one of the front ports to HS6 instead of HS2 (which I could see under IORegistryExplorer). No idea why it did that. Maybe a reboot would have fixed. Seems FBPatcher is easier than SSDT.

Does your EFI give you DP or HDMI same as me?

I don’t have two monitors but when I attach both hdmi & dp Cables to my dell p2415q monitors in display preferences I see 2monitors then I can switch by changing the the connection type from the monitor one shows the menu one doesn’t, when i change instead of side by side to mirror both shows the menu so am assuming both works

I attach both hdmi & dp Cables

Try with only the DP alone. Sounds like it might work. Also sleep/wake? Looking at your Config.plist you have different values for IntelGFX (nothing), ig-platform-id (nothing). I might try although my system is nice and stable right now :)

the frame buffer patch is in devices->properties the magic happens there. I attach only one dp cable but all hdmi ports work and 2 monitors also should work. Sleep wake works properly. have woken the computer after 4 hours and it wakes with 2-3 keypress, have not tried long sleep behaviour

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back