Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 MacOS 10.14.1 (all models)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind sleep is always delayed 15-20 seconds.
Also, you forgot to disable hibernation. See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I didn't check anything else.

I've disabled hibernation by following your guide
I've also -cp most of my essential kexts beside the lilu.kext and lilu's plug-ins

The problem with sleeping persists. I would put it to sleep at night and fan would turns on ever so slightly. When I wake it from sleep over night it would usually lose around 40~50% of battery.

I have power management working (I think?) Here's a screenshot of Intel Power Gadget.

I'm still figuring out sleep but for now just shutting down isn't so bad since it boots up so fast. Before I put my laptop to sleep over night and it'll lose 1-3% but now it's loosing ~40%.

I also have the same issue. What kind of power management do you use? HWP or SSDT?

Attachments

• Intel Power Gadget.png
    Intel Power Gadget.png
    54 KB · Views: 65
  • debug_11471.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 64
I'm still figuring out sleep but for now just shutting down isn't so bad since it boots up so fast. Before I put my laptop to sleep over night and it'll lose 1-3% but now it's loosing ~40%.

The battery not updating is an issue with the firstpolldelay, this was a previous issue and the solution is really simple.

From https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver

So basically add to your boot arguments. 16 seconds will work.

Added. Thanks!

I've disabled hibernation by following your guide
I've also -cp most of my essential kexts beside the lilu.kext and lilu's plug-ins

The problem with sleeping persists. I would put it to sleep at night and fan would turns on ever so slightly. When I wake it from sleep over night it would usually lose around 40~50% of battery.

I have power management working (I think?) Here's a screenshot of Intel Power Gadget.

You should verify the laptop is actually in S3 sleep.
Typically, the power LED blinks. Compare to Windows.

You should verify the laptop is actually in S3 sleep.
Typically, the power LED blinks. Compare to Windows.

I'm not sure how to verify S3 sleep. I usually charge my laptop while it sleeps so the LED is constantly on. Here's a log using '
pmset -g log|grep -e " Sleep " -e " Wake " '

Attachments

• Sleeplog.txt
    8 KB · Views: 377
Put laptop to sleep in Windows.
Check for behavior of power LED.

In Windows 10, power LED on the power button stays off when put to sleep
In Mojave, power LED on the power button stays on when put to sleep

In Windows 10, power LED on the power button stays off when put to sleep
In Mojave, power LED on the power button stays on when put to sleep

Your laptop is not sleeping.

Your laptop is not sleeping.
I went back to your problems reporting and checked for sleeping issues. Here are my screenshot of assertions and X86PlatformPlugin. Would you be able to have a glance at it and tell me where the issue is?

Attachments

• assertions.png
    assertions.png
    46 KB · Views: 83
  • X86PlatformPlugin.png
    X86PlatformPlugin.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 82
  • debug_11471.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back