Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 MacOS 10.14.1 (all models)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so I have added the correct product id, I was able to boot up until I applied the DVMT patch that was mentioned above. I've attached the debug files.

According to ioreg, you seem to be injecting an invalid device-id (0x0591). No expectation of working graphics with invalid device-id inject.

I have the same set up and the exact same specs as the OP. XPS 15 9560 i5 7300u and 1080p Screen.
However, when my laptop goes to sleep, the fans still stay on. I couldn't figure out what's wrong with mine.

Keep in mind sleep is always delayed 15-20 seconds.
Also, you forgot to disable hibernation. See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I didn't check anything else.

According to ioreg, you seem to be injecting an invalid device-id (0x0591). No expectation of working graphics with invalid device-id inject.
What would be the correct ID? I saw your post on a thread about KBL graphics and saw that you used 0x59128086. What device id should I use?

EDIT:
0x191b8086 is the new device ID I have now changed to(same ID was being used in tutorial for exact make and model my laptop), uploading debug files in a moment

EDIT2:
It looks like I know what you mean by Device ID now, but how do I change it. The thing I changed in my initial edit was Devices/IntelGFX
What am I supposed to change?

Attachments

• debug_7940.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
What would be the correct ID? I saw your post on a thread about KBL graphics and saw that you used 0x59128086. What device id should I use?

EDIT:
0x191b8086 is the new device ID I have now changed to(same ID was being used in tutorial for exact make and model my laptop), uploading debug files in a moment

EDIT2:
It looks like I know what you mean by Device ID now, but how do I change it. The thing I changed in my initial edit was Devices/IntelGFX
What am I supposed to change?

Now you're injecting device-id 0x191b (Skylake spoof), but using an ig-platform-id for KabyLake (0x591b0000). As one might expect, KabyLake ig-platform-id is not compatible with the Skylake kexts.

Now you're injecting device-id 0x191b (Skylake spoof), but using an ig-platform-id for KabyLake (0x591b0000). As one might expect, KabyLake ig-platform-id is not compatible with the Skylake kexts.
Okay so that makes sense. So then would 0x59168086 be correct? Can you explain the difference between device id and platform id? And where’s I would find those? I’ve done digging but I think I just don’t fully understand that part.

Thanks for your help so far, sorry if it seems like I’m asking too many questions.

Okay so that makes sense. So then would 0x59168086 be correct? Can you explain the difference between device id and platform id? And where’s I would find those? I’ve done digging but I think I just don’t fully understand that part.

Thanks for your help so far, sorry if it seems like I’m asking too many questions.

device-id determines which framebuffer kext will load.
ig-platform-id determines which framebuffer configuration the kext will use.

device-id determines which framebuffer kext will load.
ig-platform-id determines which framebuffer configuration the kext will use.
After setting my device-id as 0x591B8086 I’m getting a the gIOLockstate 3 error. Attached is a picture of my verbose output.

Attachments

• 0E2C6BD2-7466-45A5-A28E-7AF2E26EB47E.jpeg
    0E2C6BD2-7466-45A5-A28E-7AF2E26EB47E.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 52
After setting my device-id as 0x591B8086 I’m getting a the gIOLockstate 3 error. Attached is a picture of my verbose output.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Boot with invalid ig-platform-id (change via Clover GUI) and then use gen_debug.sh to collect full PR files.

Attachments

• debug_26494.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back