Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 MacOS 10.14.1 (all models)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have the same issue. What kind of power management do you use? HWP or SSDT?

I disabled HWP in clover. I believe the problem lays in aptio fixes. Had issues with my Samsung pm961 panicking and I learned some things, it was posted here #10 and quoted below.

AptioMemoryFix-64 gives me a panic the first time I switched to it, it did so again when I tried this time but after the first time, no more panics and zero nvme panics. I did at least 10 restarts and 5 shutdowns and nothing. Unfortunately with this fix it seems like it doesn't sleep properly now though.

OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 gave NVME panics like 1/4 restarts and also doesn't sleep correctly.

OsxAptioFixDrv-64 gaven NVME panics like 1/2 however actually sleeps correctly.

All test were done without any other changes. So I think sleep works but not currently with AptioMemoryFix.

I disabled HWP in clover. I believe the problem lays in aptio fixes. Had issues with my Samsung pm961 panicking and I learned some things, it was posted here #10 and quoted below.
I'm not using NVME drive for Mojave. Im using the Evo 860 sata for that. The M.2 slot I use for dual-booting windows.

I went back to your problems reporting and checked for sleeping issues. Here are my screenshot of assertions and X86PlatformPlugin. Would you be able to have a glance at it and tell me where the issue is?

Kexts should be installed to /L/E not /S/L/E.
And if you look at your kextcache output, you'll see you have some mismatched kexts (eg. CPUSensors.kext has dependency on a different FakeSMC). Only install matched kexts.

Seems like your ACPI setup is overly complex (but maybe you understand it... I'm not going to attempt to debug it).

Refer to guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Also, your drivers64UEFI is definitely not optimum.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

And you might want to try non-HWP SMBIOS (HPW has been shown to cause problems, and has little benefit). And the Clover options for it should never be used.

I'm trying to use @blazinsmokey' s clover set up mixed with my own set up for a 4K screen but every thing I've tried results in a garbled screen, when I try to update form HS to Mojave. I think, I can read "waiting for root device" at the end of the garbled text.

From memory, I though that was because of USB or HDD kexts not injecting properly. But I don't know what's wrong with it right now. I know the LiteOn SSD patch remains the same for Mojave. The same set up boots and works fine with HS.

Help is appreciated.

Attachments

• debug_26944.zip
    5 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I know the LiteOn SSD patch remains the same for Mojave.

But you have MatchOS="10.13.x", so the patch will not apply when booting Mojave.

I Use the Broadcom BCM94352Z Dell DW1560

Wifi is Work
BT not work

Help is appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 68
  • 1539367178192.jpg
    1539367178192.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 1539367210312.jpg
    1539367210312.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 74
I'm trying to use @blazinsmokey' s clover set up mixed with my own set up for a 4K screen but every thing I've tried results in a garbled screen, when I try to update form HS to Mojave. I think, I can read "waiting for root device" at the end of the garbled text.

My files have changed a lot, will edit my post and update the files. Your clover config is not injecting intel and doesn't have ig-platform-id. And I think you need to change your kernel and kexts to pactch to allow matching OS to 10.14.x.

Attachments

• debug_6894.zip
    5 MB · Views: 70
But you have MatchOS="10.13.x", so the patch will not apply when booting Mojave.

Thanks and Yeah, can't believe I kept scrolling past that. It was either that or the `gioLockScreenState` issue. I understood the purpose of `WhateverGreen.kext` was, and since 9560 used the NVIDIA and IG fixup kexts/patches; I had to first remove `WhateverGreen.kext` and boot through to a successful upgrade of Mojave Installer. Once the installer finished, I removed the fluff that `WhateverGreen.kext` replaces i.e. the fixups/patches and voila. Mojave works now with everything HS worked with.

My files have changed a lot, will edit my post and update the files. Your clover config is not injecting intel and doesn't have ig-platform-id. And I think you need to change your kernel and kexts to pactch to allow matching OS to 10.14.x.

Nice. Yeah, I changed lotsa things afterwards as well. Looking forward to your update.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back