Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 - High Sierra 10.13.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I'm inching closer.. my boot is quicker than ever. I followed your guide, used your Clover build, patched the ACPI files... still no wifi, and if I try to use a genuine graphics ID number I get a KP. Of course this means no graphics kexts are working. Attached are debug files. Thank you.

Your kextcache proves you installed mismatched FakeSMC kexts/plugins.
For example, these kind of errors must be resolved by installing matching FakeSMC/plugins (or just eliminate the plugins, since they are not necessary):

Code:
ACPISensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.
ACPISensors.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

Note: Your PM961 is known to cause issues. Best to replace with more compatible SSD.

The content in your ACPI/patched is completely wrong.

Your kextcache proves you installed mismatched FakeSMC kexts/plugins.
For example, these kind of errors must be resolved by installing matching FakeSMC/plugins (or just eliminate the plugins, since they are not necessary):

Code:
ACPISensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.
ACPISensors.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

Note: Your PM961 is known to cause issues. Best to replace with more compatible SSD.

The content in your ACPI/patched is completely wrong.
I don’t understand why the FakeSMC or ANY kexts would be mismatched, since I used your latest version and I only worked with one copy of it.

The ACPI.. well I guess I don’t know how to do it then. I followed the guide. :-/

And I guess I’ll have to replace the SSD... maybe I can sell this one used somewhere to help defray the cost..

I don’t understand why the FakeSMC or ANY kexts would be mismatched, since I used your latest version and I only worked with one copy of it.

You did not use my kexts. Your kextcache proves it. I have no kext named ACPISensors.kext. Mine is named FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext.

The ACPI.. well I guess I don’t know how to do it then. I followed the guide. :-/

You clearly did not follow the guide.
As per guide, you should have only ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml. No patching of SSDTs is needed as you have no secondary graphcis device (according to your profile only Intel), all renames should be done in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.

And even if you were to patch the SSDTs, you would never place dynamic SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

Also, your SortedOrder specification is completely wrong for the SSDT set you have in ACPI/patched. Hint: SortedOrder is not necessary, as there should be no patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched anyway.

You did not use my kexts. Your kextcache proves it. I have no kext named ACPISensors.kext. Mine is named FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext.

You clearly did not follow the guide.
As per guide, you should have only ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml. No patching of SSDTs is needed as you have no secondary graphcis device (according to your profile only Intel), all renames should be done in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.

And even if you were to patch the SSDTs, you would never place dynamic SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

Also, your SortedOrder specification is completely wrong for the SSDT set you have in ACPI/patched. Hint: SortedOrder is not necessary, as there should be no patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched anyway.
Hi,
I took a couple days off trying to work on this hackintosh of mine... I am now using matched kexts I believe. I tried patching the DSDT again. When I use a correct graphics ID I still get a black screen.

Attachments

• debug_21290.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 121
Any idea why I get a black screen boot when using correct graphics ID numbers?

Idea already provided in post #227. Did you read it, or just quote it?

Hi, I had my XPS9560 10.13.6 installed, and able to register nvidia (see screencap)
however the vram is zero, what can i do to fix it?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• pack.zip
    35.9 MB · Views: 149
With the Clover Folder provided in this guide (same thing happens with the clover folder from guide referred to by slyon) I get stucked in gIOScreenLockState 3.
it just hangs on gIOScreenLockState 3.
Had same problem today. This thread clover folder was booting Sierra fine, but kept giving me gIOScreenLockState 3 on both latest High Sierra or Mojave. I guess 10.13.6 is more similar to 10.14.0 than 10.13.2.

I've tried clover folder from Mojave thread, and all systems finally managed to boot.

Then I've discovered Mojave VirtualSMC thread, and that clover folder gave me even better experience
  • Min brightness not too bright
  • MacBook like trackpad experience, particularly
    • Safari Zoom
    • Three finger screen swipe
    • Stammer free and inert two finger scrolling
  • Headphone jack EarPods auto detection sort of working

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back