Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 El Capitan Hackintosh (Dual Boot With Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Johny and RehabMan for the guide and patches.

Successfully installed OS X and Windows on my Dell 7559 (i7 6700hq 1080p , dual booting on 850 EVO 250GB SSD SATA).

Same as blackgoat I also was not able to boot after OS X El Capitan installation. And had to change EFI to "after install EFI" right after installing OS X. Thanks blackgoat for tip. So I think when drive is SSD SATA or when motherboard is 0HCC0 then boot doesn't work after OS X installation on EFI (Boot into installer2) and need to replace with EFI (Boot after installed2)

So i think case 3 should be added in "5) Installing El Capitan To Your HDD/SSD" something like as below:

Case 3 (Thanks to manoj.adm): Your computer will not boot after this so you have to plug the Install USB back to the Real Mac.
- Mount EFI partition with Clover Configurator and open it
- Replace the EFI folder there with the one from the Dell files called “EFI (Boot after installed2)
- Rename the folder to EFI again
- Put the USB back to the Hackintosh and boot into your installed El Capitan then you get to “Setup your mac screen” as well

Thanks for the feedback! I added that to the guide.

You guys that followed this guide, specialy the way of how to format the ssd to make the dual boot... are you guys able to make osx be the default boot from clover?

You guys that followed this guide, specialy the way of how to format the ssd to make the dual boot... are you guys able to make osx be the default boot from clover?
See this thread about El Capitan
System Works but Doesn't Start OS X Automatically from Clover Menu
  • Edit EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and put the name you gave your El Capitan drive in Boot/DefaultVolume and then it should boot automatically in Boot/Timeout seconds.

Guide update:

If you turn off "SupportAssist System Resolution" in BIOS the system will always boot. Sometimes BIOS couldn't find the boot image on time and it automatically started the Dell hardware check app even though everything was set right.
- No need to configure Clover boot option again

Has anyone found better touchpad kext? The one in here works but the experience is rather horrible when dragging. The left touchpad button also contains touch layer and dragging with hard pressing is really inacurrate.
In Windows there is a rejection of the touch layer on the edge of the buttons so this helps the usability of this touchpad but it´s still really poor.

See this thread about El Capitan
System Works but Doesn't Start OS X Automatically from Clover Menu
  • Edit EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and put the name you gave your El Capitan drive in Boot/DefaultVolume and then it should boot automatically in Boot/Timeout seconds.

Im familiar with clover commands and it doesn't work for me...wonder what did I mess...

inside my UEFI folder i have a extra folder called MICROSOFT.... that was prob created when i installed windows into the second partition.... i noticed that you copied ur EFI folder AFTER u installed windows..... so i wonder if thats the problem...

if i remove this microsoft folder from the EFI , then only OSX will be detected on CLOVER boot menu...

and yes.... trackpad is suckin on OSX , been using a mouse tho...

Last edited:
- Disabling recovery threshold shouln´t be necessary if you don´t mess with your EFI partition. I never got to that screen after I did everything described here.
- bootmgfw-orig.efi --> I never needed that too. I think this is only for PCs that can´t define boot from efi file.
- Windows 10 is defragmenting automatically and I haven´t had any troubles with it.

--> So far this seems like Bios is booting correctly from the efi file but it searches for the the file only in one particular adress on the disk. Changing anything in EFI partition or defragmenting it may prevent the Bios from finding the right location of clover.efi on the disk so it has to be set again.
- For me it works now with Win10 auto-defrag on and not messing with EFI partition.

I would try to check again after a complete battery cycle.
For me it lasts 5 hours browsing web/ 4 hours watching youtube / 1 hour playing a game. For 4K it should be about 30% less.
If the meter still doesn´t show accurate time remaining try to install kext again and repatch DSDT/SSDTs.

Your question is not accurate. Please be more specific about your problem. You have probably created the DSL files wrong. Try to make them again and remember that you have to have all the *SDT.AML files in one folder to decompile properly. There should be no errors when you try to compile DSL files that were created properly. Warning doesn´t matter.

How did you installed windows 10 on the other partition?
When i try to select it for installation i get an error that the windows cannot be install on this disk
What i did wrong?
Thanks!

How did you installed windows 10 on the other partition?
When i try to select it for installation i get an error that the windows cannot be install on this disk
What i did wrong?
Thanks!
You have to erase the "Mac os extended Journaled" partition you prepared for Windows and make the unallocated space into NTFS partition in Windows Installer.
If this doesn´t work you probably formatted the drive wrong in Os X installer.
Also make sure you have only one HDD connected during the installation process (you need to unplug second HDD before formatting the disk in OsX installer)

Hey guys I want to share my experience with OS X hackintoshed in this laptop.

First of all I'd like to know that I'm very helpful because of this guide. Everything but the card reader works, and that's good.

Then, I'd like to say that I'm experiencing some performance issues. Running on the 4K variation, my CPU is not as good as it should be. Then, when it gets 'stressed' (e.g. after playing something in Logic Pro X or Ableton Live) I cannot shutdown the computer anymore and there's a terrible noise coming out the headphones port. I cannot shutdown anymore because when I try so, the dock remains there so I use the command sudo halt and then my computer shuts down. This is so weird, and I'd like to know what's happening here. Also I realized that graphics are slow, when using full screen apps (like Launchpad, or whatever that's switching full screen). Another thing, when I'm on Google Chrome browsing, I go full screen and then I right click somewhere, the screen flickers while choosing options, even though the brightness is at 100% / 10%.

Any idea about what could be happening here?

You have to erase the "Mac os extended Journaled" partition you prepared for Windows and make the unallocated space into NTFS partition in Windows Installer.
If this doesn´t work you probably formatted the drive wrong in Os X installer.
Also make sure you have only one HDD connected during the installation process (you need to unplug second HDD before formatting the disk in OsX installer)
I formated the SSD to "Mac os extended Journaled" then split to 2 partitions i installed the mac on the first one then on windows deleted this partition and then create it again NTFS, but when i choose it i can't press "next"..
So i installed the Mac on the whole SSD and i want to install the windows 10 on the HDD..it's possibole? I will not get any errors or bugs when booting the laptop???
Or there is some way to split the SSD without erease it?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back