Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 El Capitan Hackintosh (Dual Boot With Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I formated the SSD to "Mac os extended Journaled" then split to 2 partitions i installed the mac on the first one then on windows deleted this partition and then create it again NTFS, but when i choose it i can't press "next"..
So i installed the Mac on the whole SSD and i want to install the windows 10 on the HDD..it's possibole? I will not get any errors or bugs when booting the laptop???
Or there is some way to split the SSD without erease it?
Thanks!

I think you have not used "OS X Extended (Journaled)" format for Windows partition that's why you were not able to press "next" while windows installation

You can split the SSD using Disk Utility

I think you have not used "OS X Extended (Journaled)" format for Windows partition that's why you were not able to press "next" while windows installation

You can split the SSD using Disk Utility
Mmm ok..
But if i split the ssd with Disk Utility i need to erease it and install OSX again?

Mmm ok..
But if i split the ssd with Disk Utility i need to erease it and install OSX again?

No you can resize the partition without erase, select disk (not partition) and go to partition tab and resize it with caution.

I don't know if windows 10 installation is possible now as you have already installed OS X. Johny or other knowledgeable member can advice.

Im familiar with clover commands and it doesn't work for me...wonder what did I mess...

inside my UEFI folder i have a extra folder called MICROSOFT.... that was prob created when i installed windows into the second partition.... i noticed that you copied ur EFI folder AFTER u installed windows..... so i wonder if thats the problem...

if i remove this microsoft folder from the EFI , then only OSX will be detected on CLOVER boot menu...

and yes.... trackpad is suckin on OSX , been using a mouse tho...

Startup disk selection was not working for me also. And on every reboot display brightness goes to full which is related to nvram. Uninstallation and installation of OsxAptioFix2Drv will solve the problem.

I fixed these issues by doing following steps

1. Mount the EFI using Clover Configurator and open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist in Clover Configurator
2. Go to Install Drivers, remove all drivers then install OsxAptioFix2Drv and HFSPlus UEFI drivers

Now LastBootedVolume will work and you can set Default Boot Volume to Mac

Mmm ok..

you need to make sure that the windows installer was made GUID compatible to install via EFI , otherwise you wont be able to install windows in this method presented in this guide...

RUFUS application can do this for u....

otherwise windows installer is expectin master boot into legacy mode.... so you would need to install windows in a second hard disk...

you need to make sure that the windows installer was made GUID compatible to install via EFI , otherwise you wont be able to install windows in this method presented in this guide...

RUFUS application can do this for u....

otherwise windows installer is expectin master boot into legacy mode.... so you would need to install windows in a second hard disk...
Ok thanks!
So i will split the SSD drive with Disk Utility and then use rufus app to make windows installer on the USB as GUID compitable and then install it?
Is this way will work? Because i dont want to ruin my loved OSX that i worked so hard to make working perfectly...

I noticed something when using Clean My Mac 3 in the RAM monitoring. El Capitan uses a lot of RAM and normally with 8GB it should be enough. But when I ran out of memory, I mean 120MB free showing up in RAM's monitor the headphone port goes crazy, and audio won't work anymore until I reboot (forced reboot) any idea of what could be causing this? it may be the kext?

PLEASE HELP

Startup disk selection was not working for me also. And on every reboot display brightness goes to full which is related to nvram. Uninstallation and installation of OsxAptioFix2Drv will solve the problem.

I fixed these issues by doing following steps

1. Mount the EFI using Clover Configurator and open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist in Clover Configurator
2. Go to Install Drivers, remove all drivers then install OsxAptioFix2Drv and HFSPlus UEFI drivers

Now LastBootedVolume will work and you can set Default Boot Volume to Mac
thats great... it worked buddy.. thanks a ton...

I have a Dell inspiron 7559 with i5 6300hq and I keep getting stuck on two line 'reloc'

I have a Dell inspiron 7559 with i5 6300hq and I keep getting stuck on two line 'reloc'
Read carefully section 2 and section 5 of this guide. This problem is in 90% of cases related to the BIOS settings. Try to always change one at the time. Also try all your USB ports and booting with/without an adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back