Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 El Capitan Hackintosh (Dual Boot With Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worked on my dell 7559

Shut down the unit for 10 seconds then boot without ac adapter.....uhd is very delicate even with my 40 inches lg uhd which i used as my el capitan desktop monitor

Rehabman ...the github repository laptop patches did not appear at patch sources even though i added it at preferences then sources...what ,s wrong with this i added the correct url at macisal sources.. i cannot edit the patches without github

Rehabman ...the github repository laptop patches did not appear at patch sources even though i added it at preferences then sources...what ,s wrong with this i added the correct url at macisal sources.. i cannot edit the patches without github

No image of what you're doing... no idea.

I am still stuck with 2 lines after following part 2 and trying everything in part 5. My 7559 is i5 6300hq with 4k display. I haven't seen anyone install OS X successfully on this variant. Is this guide not applicable to this variant?
I did actually install os x SUCCESSFULLY ON THIS MACHINE. Read the thread before commenting.

Just read the guide CAREFULLY and you'll be able to.

Any idea on how to get the subwoofer working? I've found this but I don't know how to use or apply it to my hackintosh:

OK, after about 3 days of learning and experimenting, I have full HP Beats Audio, including the subwoofer. It sounds AMAZING! Here's what I did:

1. I started out with VoodooHDA 2.8.1.
2. I determined that for my laptop, HP Envy 17t-3200, the NID for the tweeters is 13 and the NID for the subwoofer is 16. I didn't need any patch for the tweeters but I had to add a node patch to the info.plist for the VoodooHDA.kext. The code I added, immediately below "Nodes to Patch" was as follow:
<array>
<dict>
<key>Codec</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Config</key>
<string>0x92170150</string>
<key>Node</key>
<integer>16</integer>
</dict>
</array>
After saving the info.plist, I installed the kext using kext wizard. I then rebooted using -f.

3. After rebooting, I went into system preferences and found two Analog Speaker devices. If you don't find two devices, your subwoofer may be located on a different node other than 16.
4. I then opened Audio Midi Setup and created a multi-output device. I adjusted the volume of the subwoofer to be about 60% of the volume of the tweeters so that there would be good balance between highs and lows. I then right-clicked on the multi-output device and selected that it be used for all purposes.
5. One side-effect of this, however, was that I lost all output controls using the multi-output device. I found a third-party free app, called PTH Volume, and this provides me with audio controls, including hotkeys to allow me to adjust the audio using keystrokes.

I would love to discover an alternative to using a multi-output device and third-party app to control the volume. However, until I figure that out, this works quite well and, like I said, the sound really rocks. I hope someone else can benefit from all the work I did to make this work.

Extracted from: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285360-help-hp-beats-audio-subwoofer/

Good guide, however I still have the "two line" issue even I disabled Formware TPM and followed every steps in BIOS setting...

disable Firmware TPM in your Bios under the security tab

my 7559 uses i5-6300HQ, 1080P screen, BIOS 1.1.8. I tried booting with/without adapter, with/without USB mouse, enable/disable OPROM, and different USB ports, but it still not work... Hope anyone can fix this... Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back