Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 El Capitan Hackintosh (Dual Boot With Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry.. i put it there..

Read carefully section 2 and section 5 of this guide. This problem is in 90% of cases related to the BIOS settings. Try to always change one at the time. Also try all your USB ports and booting with/without an adapter.
I gave up after 3days maybe keep using vmware until there a guide for it.

Have you completely disabled Nvidia graphics in post-installation?
Also if you have 4k screen you should use different EFI folder during the installation and after it.
Read the guide again and try to remember what you haven´t done exactly as written there.
I did everything exactly as the guide and i dont have 4k screen
Your screen is fine after sleep? What is your ig-platform-id?

You guys might want to compare EDID...

Could you please even answer?
I have a CPU issue here, where kernel_task shows 200% CPU usage in Activity Monitor

Could you please even answer?
I have a CPU issue here, where kernel_task shows 200% CPU usage in Activity Monitor

It probably means you have a kext that is hanging (two separate kexts, or a single one with two threads hung)...

It probably means you have a kext that is hanging (two separate kexts, or a single one with two threads hung)...
So what should I do?

I only get one glitch right before the desktop show up. Other then that I have no issues with graphics. It even wakes up in like 2 seconds from sleep. I belive my ig-platform-id is 0x191b0000. It´s already in config.plist in this guide.

Note: I can´t boot with HDMI connected. (Only if I close the lid right after selecting Os X in clover). Be sure to do that too if you have HDMI screen connected upon a boot.
You can connect HDMI after a boot and have 2 screens working at the same time.

So what should I do?

Double check you followed all steps of the guide...

If you need assist...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back