Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Now when I try to patch the working battery status I found out that the bytes are only [8 or 16] bytes and they don't appear to be used anywhere but once. What should I do ?!

Fields that are multibyte and accessed need to be patched.

As for the backlight, ACPI backlight makes the boot stuck until I remove the DSDT. Intel backlight made the laptop monitor go weird.

You need to read the guide "Problem Reporting". I'm not clairvoyant and cannot tell the mistake you made with vague descriptions.

Note: further discussion on either topic here is off-topic.

I'm new here, but I've a problem to boot in El Capitan installer from Clover. I saw the guide, but when I press "boot El Capitan ..." it stop on Apple logo. I tried in verbose mode and it stopo immediatly and appear "++++++++++++++++++++++++". How can I boot in it?

My P have Intel Pentium N3540 with Intel HD graphis, 4gb of R.A.M. and 1tb of hdd.

You probably have an incorrect EFI/Clover. Make sure you follow the guide carefully.

If you need help...

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

But with the hardware you mention, it is pointless. OS X does not support Pentium integrated graphics.

I can't complete step 3 for the initial install because my SDD is not available in disk utility to partition and then install osx. There are 2 disk images: one is 2.15gb "OS X Base System 2.01gb"; and the other is 6.8gb "OS X Install ESD 6.05gb". I'm sure that they're partitions on the SDD that will be erased once partitioned, but that could only happen if I could select the SDD for this step. Why is it not available in disk utility, and how to I fix it so that it is and can then continue?
IMG_3048.jpgIMG_3049.jpgIMG_3050.jpg

Other info which may help anyone trying to help me:
1.) El Capitan 10.11.3
2.) Computer details in profile
3.) Just used a 8gb USB 2.0 instead of a 16gb USB 3.0 to get past the "missing bluetooth transport" error
4.) Config.plist attached, please be specific if there are issues for my hardware View attachment config.plist
5.) EFI/CLOVER also attached, please be specific if there are issues for my hardware

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    12.9 MB · Views: 57
I can't complete step 3 for the initial install because my SDD is not available in disk utility to partition and then install osx. There are 2 disk images: one is 2.15gb "OS X Base System 2.01gb"; and the other is 6.8gb "OS X Install ESD 6.05gb". I'm sure that they're partitions on the SDD that will be erased once partitioned, but that could only happen if I could select the SDD for this step. Why is it not available in disk utility, and how to I fix it so that it is and can then continue?
View attachment 177190View attachment 177191View attachment 177192

Other info which may help anyone trying to help me:
1.) El Capitan 10.11.3
2.) Computer details in profile
3.) Just used a 8gb USB 2.0 instead of a 16gb USB 3.0 to get past the "missing bluetooth transport" error
4.) Config.plist attached, please be specific if there are issues for my hardware View attachment 177189
5.) EFI/CLOVER also attached, please be specific if there are issues for my hardware

Perhaps your SATA is not in AHCI mode and you neglected to use HPRAIDInjector.kext.

It is covered in post #1.

Perhaps your SATA is not in AHCI mode and you neglected to use HPRAIDInjector.kext.

It is covered in post #1.

I have added HPRAIDInjector.kext and retried, but the issue has not been affected whatsoever. And I just double checked, SATA is in AHCI mode

I have added HPRAIDInjector.kext and retried, but the issue has not been affected whatsoever. And I just double checked, SATA is in AHCI mode

config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem should be false unless you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

Hi I am installing El Captan using Clover to my laptop. At the "Install OS X" screen, when try to specified the HDD to install, it shown "This disk is locked". The HDD is installed with Win 10. Please help how to unlocked the drive and keep the Windows 10. Thanks

Hi I am installing El Captan using Clover to my laptop. At the "Install OS X" screen, when try to specified the HDD to install, it shown "This disk is locked". The HDD is installed with Win 10. Please help how to unlocked the drive and keep the Windows 10. Thanks

This same info in the guide...

OS X is not well behaved with disks partitioned by other than OS X Disk Utility, but there are things you can check/do.

See this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

I followed this guide to a letter, and when I tried to install the installer said that this version of Mac cant be verified. After I reboot, I get to the same thing. Install again, same thing. I downloaded OS X from the App Store.

I attach the photo of the install logs.

Attachments

• IMG_20160219_003314.jpg
    IMG_20160219_003314.jpg
    806.3 KB · Views: 116
I followed this guide to a letter, and when I tried to install the installer said that this version of Mac cant be verified. After I reboot, I get to the same thing. Install again, same thing. I downloaded OS X from the App Store.

I attach the photo of the install logs.

On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Back