Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

How do I figure out what's causing the crashes?

What are you doing with the computer at the time of the crash?

Let's see if I can find any obvious mistakes...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

verbose boot is elsewhere ?
I do not use sudo nvram boot-args="-v"
When i use terminal and sudo nvram boot-args= i get an error message
Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Menlo]ongvus-MacBook-Pro:~ longvu$ nvram boot-args[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Menlo]nvram: Error getting variable - 'boot-args': (iokit/common) data was not found [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Menlo]longvus-MacBook-Pro:~ longvu$[/FONT][/COLOR]

thank you I have to do to fix this ?

Ok thank you

Note that the boot args (kernel flags) that Clover is going to use are shown in Clover if you press space instead of enter when going to boot your OS X partition.

Kernel flags can also come from: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

Note that the boot args (kernel flags) that Clover is going to use are shown in Clover if you press space instead of enter when going to boot your OS X partition.

Kernel flags can also come from: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist
I used you file config.plist not work or try reinstalling Clover v2.3k r3333 problems still can not solve if the error count from file fromcom.apple.Boot.plist what can I do to fix ?

I used you file config.plist not work or try reinstalling Clover v2.3k r3333 problems still can not solve if the error count from file fromcom.apple.Boot.plist what can I do to fix ?

What do you mean by "error count from file fromcom.apple.Boot.plist"? Did you look at the file?

What are you doing with the computer at the time of the crash?

Let's see if I can find any obvious mistakes...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

I think everything is pretty much properly set up. Currently I have only minimal kexts to exclude any problems with those. Every kext is from your fork, except AppleHDAIDT. AppleHDAIDT is from PBI-CE, kext is dated 2014 but according to PBI-CE thread should work with El Capitan.

Crashes occur randomly, I might be just using Safari and suddenly get a reboot. Everything works fine with Mavericks with same kexts, Clover version and config.plist and DSDT/SSDT.

View attachment HBEB.zip

What do you mean by "error count from file fromcom.apple.Boot.plist"? Did you look at the file?
sorry you I write wrong I mean
if errors come from file fromcom.apple.Boot.plist I have to do to fix it.

I think everything is pretty much properly set up. Currently I have only minimal kexts to exclude any problems with those. Every kext is from your fork, except AppleHDAIDT. AppleHDAIDT is from PBI-CE, kext is dated 2014 but according to PBI-CE thread should work with El Capitan.

Crashes occur randomly, I might be just using Safari and suddenly get a reboot. Everything works fine with Mavericks with same kexts, Clover version and config.plist and DSDT/SSDT.

View attachment 174769

The root of your problem is probably Radeon graphics... Many similar reports in 10.11.

Also, looks like Broadcom bluetooth not implemented correctly...

sorry you I write wrong I mean
if errors come from file fromcom.apple.Boot.plist I have to do to fix it.

You should look at com.apple.Boot.plist to see if it is the problem.

Back