Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

No idea what you're trying to say. Be precise about what step you're on and what exactly the problem is.
I am at this point of the guides 10. At this point , you are ready for " Post Installation " , you first step shoulderstand be to install the Clover bootloader to your HDD . Installing Clover to your HDD is very similar to installing to the USB installer . See post # 1 for details .

However, my OSX installation on the hard disk will not be displayed in the boot loader , unless I boot via the USB stick .

I am at this point of the guides 10. At this point , you are ready for " Post Installation " , you first step shoulderstand be to install the Clover bootloader to your HDD . Installing Clover to your HDD is very similar to installing to the USB installer . See post # 1 for details .

However, my OSX installation on the hard disk will not be displayed in the boot loader , unless I boot via the USB stick .

It sounds like you neglected to copy HFSPlus.efi.

Sorry, am with notebooks a newbie, my desktops running for ages and there I not funny white as major problems. Can you give me maybe a TIP for HD4600M GPU give? It show me 5mb... i think the Problem is the nvidia k1100m gpu in the System.
I have your plist for hd4600 used and then install the kext described in the Guide, but still does not work :(.
My Lenovo T440 won't start the ALC292 sound :( Kext installed.
and by my Lenovo W540 everything is fine but the HD4600m GPU won't work.

Sorry, am with notebooks a newbie, my desktops running for ages and there I not funny white as major problems. Can you give me maybe a TIP for HD4600M GPU give? It show me 5mb... i think the Problem is the nvidia k1100m gpu in the System.
I have your plist for hd4600 used and then install the kext described in the Guide, but still does not work :(.
My Lenovo T440 won't start the ALC292 sound :( Kext installed.
and by my Lenovo W540 everything is fine but the HD4600m GPU won't work.

If you use the correct config.plist (as detailed in post #1), HD4600 will be working.

My PC stop in the fist boot (for installing OS X El Capitan) at "no interval found for . using 8000000" then there are a two lines "***[IOBluethoothFamily...] -- Missing Bluethooth Controller Transport" "Still waiting for devices" Please help me.

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Thanks again for this great tutorial RehabMan! But one question: Is it normal that I have to choose the .efi file manually each start in the boot menu of my bios? I think I did something wrong, because it doesn't automatically start clover.

Edit:// Ok I got it! I had to change the uefi boot order in the bios. :)

FYI on Snowleopard only BaseBinaries clone method is possible to install OSX intaller on the USB partition.

Installing Kexts on the USB CLOVER EFI:
as i am on Snowleopard 10.6.8, with the CLOVER EFI installed with MBR option, I cannot see the partition with Kext utility, Kextbeast, Kext wizard...:(
I tryed to mount it with Rehabman script, but it only make the osx_install usb partition visible:

"
Mounting EFI

Eventually, you'll want to make changes to the config.plist, kexts, or other Clover configuration items on the EFI partition. To access the EFI partition, you must mount it manually. Unlike other volumes, it is not mounted automatically.

I wrote a script that I use from Terminal called mount_efi.sh.

You can install/use it as follows...

Download and install mount_efi.sh:
Code:

# download it
curl --output /tmp/mount_efi.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch/master/mount_efi.sh
# copy to /usr/bin
sudo cp /tmp/mount_efi.sh /usr/bin
# allow execute permissions
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/mount_efi.sh

To use it in Terminal:
Code:

sudo mount_efi.sh

Note that in a single disk system with a typical EFI partition labeled 'EFI', you can mount/unmount EFI quite simply with 'diskutil' in Terminal.

To mount EFI:
Code:

diskutil mount EFI

To unmount:
Code:

diskutil unmount EFI

"
///
Someone knows if it's possible to use a manual way to install kext such as, but installing it on the usb CLOVER EFI?
http://osxdaily.com/2012/01/12/how-to-manually-install-kernel-extensions-in-mac-os-x/
or any other option to make a clean install of the kexts (few of you are probably still using 10.6.8)

thanks

FYI on Snowleopard only BaseBinaries clone method is possible to install OSX intaller on the USB partition.

Yes. createinstallmedia is not compatible with SL.

Installing Kexts on the USB CLOVER EFI:
as i am on Snowleopard 10.6.8, with the CLOVER EFI installed with MBR option, I cannot see the partition with Kext utility, Kextbeast, Kext wizard...:(
I tryed to mount it with Rehabman script, but it only make the osx_install usb partition visible:

With MBR, "CLOVER EFI" on USB will be automatically mounted (make sure you're not in safe mode). You can copy the required kexts/efi files/etc with Finder. No need for kext installers.

ok Thanks,

I will switch to the install guide for the lenovo U430 as my clover USB is not bringing me to the installation of OS el capitan;

attached my current clover usb folder

Attachments

• my CLOVER EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 63
Back