Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

I have a couple of questions I've been wondering.

1. I've always had to use -xcpm in OS X with Ivy processor, but I started to think that do I really have the same problem that Haskell CPU's have. I can boot OS X installer and install with these on the config:

Boot
Arguments=kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 slide=0 -gux_defer_usb2 nv_disable=1

ACPI/SSDT
DropOem=No
Generate C/P-States=No

KernelAndKextPatches
KernelPM=No
KernelLapic=No

KernelPM spelled wrong. It is KernelPm.

Without KernelPm and -xcpm, you would need AsusAICPUPM=true, of course.

After OS X install, I install Clover following your guide, only installed kext FakeSMC and VoodooPS2. Everything works great until I patch DSDT/SSDT with PBI-CE and reboot. I don't get KP like Haswell CPU's, I don't really know if processor is just really slow and it takes forever to boot into OS X or if there is some other problem. Anyway I then add -xcpm argument and all works well.

I was wondering if I have some other problem like for example with the DSDT/SSDT as I get no KP's without -xcpm and if I should/could fix that to get rid of -xcpm?

2. With El Capitan I sometimes get some random crashes, I get no error message as laptop just suddenly reboots. Where in the console I should look for the error messages? There are many logs and all of those have so many lines of messages and it seems hard to spot crash related message from there.

3. Is Trim function on KextToPatch always needed with non Apple SSD's and it can't work natively? Also there are different Find values for IOAHCIBlockStorage in PBI-CE config and your config files, I don't really know which one to use with my SSD. How do I check if trim works with my SSD?

If you need analysis... post details:

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

--

Trim patch, or trimforce required for non-Apple SSDs. You can see trim status in System Information -> SATA.

No Apple logo expected with verbose boot.
i do not use verbose boot from colover bootloader.
Can you help me how to Disanle verbose boot mode
thank a lot

i do not use verbose boot from colover bootloader.
Can you help me how to Disanle verbose boot mode
thank a lot

Why did you show the photos of verbose mode?

KernelPM spelled wrong. It is KernelPm.

Without KernelPm and -xcpm, you would need AsusAICPUPM=true, of course.

If you need analysis... post details:

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

--

Trim patch, or trimforce required for non-Apple SSDs. You can see trim status in System Information -> SATA.

Files attached, "kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu" didn't give any output. I found out the cause of the crashes, it was because AppleHDAIDT. After I removed it from KextsToPatch everything works fine, I have to try to patch it again.

About the XCPM and 3520M

With this boot hangs for ages and never gets into OS X, no KP.

Code:
kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 slide=0 -gux_defer_usb2 nv_disable=1
AsusAICPUPM=YES
KernelPm=NO

With this it works fine, but this is only required after DSDT/SSDT patching. Before it everything works without -xcpm.

Code:
-xcpm kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 slide=0 -gux_defer_usb2 nv_disable=1
AsusAICPUPM=NO
KernelPm=YES

Files attached, "kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu" didn't give any output. I found out the cause of the crashes, it was because AppleHDAIDT. After I removed it from KextsToPatch everything works fine, I have to try to patch it again.

About the XCPM and 3520M

With this boot hangs for ages and never gets into OS X, no KP.

Code:
kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 slide=0 -gux_defer_usb2 nv_disable=1
AsusAICPUPM=YES
KernelPm=NO

With this it works fine, but this is only required after DSDT/SSDT patching. Before it everything works without -xcpm.

Code:
-xcpm kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 slide=0 -gux_defer_usb2 nv_disable=1
AsusAICPUPM=NO
KernelPm=YES

View attachment 174527 View attachment 174528 View attachment 174529 View attachment 174530 View attachment 174531

Keep in mind that SSDT.aml must be regenerated when you change from using -xcpm to not using -xcpm.

i managed to install el capitan on my laptop :)
thank you rehabman :clap:

but it costed me data loss.

i wonder why bluetooth is working and i was connected to internet through BT

there are some issue about wifi and battry monitor and trackpad gesture and also sound card and usb3.
cpu fan is always working and i am concerned of it.

i also want to have both mac and windows.

waiting for your clues

i managed to install el capitan on my laptop :)
thank you rehabman :clap:

but it costed me data loss.

there are some issue about wifi and battry monitor and trackpad gesture and also sound card.
cpu fan is always working and i am concerned of it.

i also want to have both mac and windows.

waiting for your clues

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...01-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Keep in mind that SSDT.aml must be regenerated when you change from using -xcpm to not using -xcpm.

Thats one thing I haven't done. Installer works fine without -xcpm so I don't use it on the installer USB. After OS X has installed I still boot with the USB and install Clover on the SSD, I then patch DSDT/SSDT (still without -xcpm) and reboot, but thats when the problem starts and I have to add -xcpm.

Anyway I don't have problems with -xcpm I was just wondering if I suffer from some problem with the DSDT/SSDT as everything works fine without -xcpm as long as there isn't SSDT/DSDT in Clover.

If I have patched DSDT and SSDT in Clover and I boot without -xcpm, OS X loads into the Apple logo and the progress bar goes about halfway normally, after that fan gets really loud and progress bar starts to move really slow. With verbose boot I see that everything seems to be slow, it waits for Bluetooth device for couple of minutes, finally completes, then another message couple of minutes and so on, all of that without error messages or KP.

Why did you show the photos of verbose mode?
After reinstall complete mac os i just installed the kext FakePCiiD.kext FAKEPCIID_intelGraphics.kext RealtekRTL811 voodoops2control
and copy my old COLOVER folder to EFI/COLOVER
my old COLOVER several days ago apple boot logo no problem
please help me how to turn of verbose mode.
thank you

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 76
  • config.plist
    10.3 KB · Views: 99
After reinstall complete mac os i just installed the kext FakePCiiD.kext FAKEPCIID_intelGraphics.kext RealtekRTL811 voodoops2control
and copy my old COLOVER folder to EFI/COLOVER
my old COLOVER several days ago apple boot logo no problem
please help me how to turn of verbose mode.
thank you

Verbose mode not set in the config.plist you provide here.

Check your NVRAM.

Code:
nvram boot-args

Back