Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone can help with a voodooic2 issue, plus I can't save the DSDT asl due to parseop code 6162

Your DSDT error is due to incorrect edits you made.

Step 12:

Open finder, use the menu option "Go to folder" and go to /System/Library/Extensions/. There, find and delete these kexts:
  • AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext
  • AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext

Now use Kext Wizard to finish installing the rest of the Kexts on the laptop into System/Library/Extensions. Unlike with the previous kexts for Clover, DO NOT DRAG AND DROP THESE IN THE FOLDER. Use the Installation tab in Kext Wizard to install, drag and drop the kexts there, and after they are installed, select the Maintainance tab, make sure it says System/Library/Extensions and check Repair Permissions and Rebuild Cache. The kexts that need to be installed with kext wizard are:
  • aDummyHDA.kext (from the MironeAudio/14f11f72/279.48/clover in your Desktop)
  • VoodooI2C.kext
  • AppleBacklightInjector.kext
These three kexts will not work properly if you put them in EFI/Clover, so please follow the instructions and install them in S/L/E as instructed.

Also open EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched and put SSDT-PNLF.aml from the "Brightness Fix zip" file there.

p.s help,

Thanks for the excellent guide, I read your and others: (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-ux360ca-sierra-10-12-5.225129/)
so far I had stuck with trackpad for a while and can't pass this, do you have any ideas why whenever I install voodooi2c.kext, I always got kernel panic as well as lose the keyboard function, have to use an ext usb kb to rescue and remove the kext to cease the panic. thank you
The DSDT you attached doesn't include a Windows OS Patch. Apply Windows 10 patch from the VoodooI2C repo.
But it wouldn't compile anyway, you should first fix this issue. Did you disassemble the DSDT with refs.txt? Did you edit this DSDT?
If you still need help, attach a copy of IOReg (made with a patched DSDT)
How are you trying the kext? loading with terminal? Installing to /S/L/E? /L/E? Clover/kexts?

Where did you get the kext? Do you have an ELAN1000 or ELAN1200?

Your DSDT error is due to incorrect edits you made.
Thanks, Master, I think I might just followed your Laptop DSDT patch guide, somewhere says: "for some errors, you can delete the lines". I did remove a few lines when originally there were 5 errors. ( keep on changing, 2 to 5 and now 1 up to last Friday).
I will re do the whole thing again, see what I can accomplish,

The DSDT you attached doesn't include a Windows OS Patch. Apply Windows 10 patch from the VoodooI2C repo.
But it wouldn't compile anyway, you should first fix this issue. Did you disassemble the DSDT with refs.txt? Did you edit this DSDT?
If you still need help, attach a copy of IOReg (made with a patched DSDT)
How are you trying the kext? loading with terminal? Installing to /S/L/E? /L/E? Clover/kexts?

Where did you get the kext? Do you have an ELAN1000 or ELAN1200?

First of all, thank you indeed.

it's Elan 1200, I think I got from a link suggested in the other guide i refereed at the first. it said that it's for Elan 1200. I tried putting kext in Clover, terminal loading, and KU installation, none of ways really worked for me. either causing KP and or loss of internal keyboard function...

I will re do the whole thing, F4 clover save, dis-assembling with ref txt etc. patch all things. including the voodooI2c repo ( I didn't do that the last time, I only used Mr. Rehabman's laptop repo)
I will update whether I can succeed or not, if not, will post with IOReg file, thank you.

First of all, thank you indeed.

it's Elan 1200, I think I got from a link suggested in the other guide i refereed at the first. it said that it's for Elan 1200. I tried putting kext in Clover, terminal loading, and KU installation, none of ways really worked for me. either causing KP and or loss of internal keyboard function...

I will re do the whole thing, F4 clover save, dis-assembling with ref txt etc. patch all things. including the voodooI2c repo ( I didn't do that the last time, I only used Mr. Rehabman's laptop repo)
I will update whether I can succeed or not, if not, will post with IOReg file, thank you.
Notice you shouldn't apply every patch in the repo, just applicable and needed patches :)

The problem be that my DSDT and SSDTs will not work with your machine, even if it is the same model, because of different hardware. For example, once I added more RAM, it did not booted until I extracted and patched dsdt and ssdts all over again. Same when I replaced wi-fi, and added an SSD. So, my files are according to the hardware I am using now, and will not work correctly, or at all, with yours. You should read the patching guide again, carefully, and do step by step the process to patch those files. It seems to be difficult, but in reality it is not, and you will find you will have your files patched in just a few minutes.

All - I wanted to acknowledge this thread. I'm having similar issues with my Asus machine. Would love a step by step guide :)

Notice you shouldn't apply every patch in the repo, just applicable and needed patches :)
I originally used this guide, whom laptop is identical to mine. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-ux360ca-sierra-10-12-5.225129/
From his wriitten, I was lead to another https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-ux305ca-uhd.197229/page-26#post-1469885
where suggested the following to be patched:
  1. Patch the DDSL file
    1. [syn] rename _DSM methods to XDSM

2. [bat] Asus N55SL/VivoBook Battery (requires ACPIBatteryManager.kext)

3. [igpu] Brightness fix

4. [sys] add IMEI

5. [sys] Fix _WAK Argo v2

6. [sys] Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel

7. [sys] HPET Fix

8. [sys] IRQ Fix (do not apply if you don’t want to use DSDT hacking Audio fix)

9. [sys] OS Check Fix (Windows 8)

10. [sys] RTC Fix

11. [sys] Skylake LPC

12. [sys] SMBUS Fix

13. [usb] 7-series/8-series USB

14. [usb] USB3 _PRW 0x6D Skylake (instant wake)
  2. download the latest version of ACPIBatteryManager.kext and put in EFI/kexts/others

3. Touchpad: put VoodooI2C.kext to EFI/kexts/others. Strangely no DSDT patch required and seems work out of the box! Also seems no need to remove the original Touchpad dr .."
  • meanwhile, I was also lead to this thread, and asked you guys to help, I now back to 5 error, even after I patched them with the above items. Last time I simply followed the Mr. Rehabman's guide and "For some errors, you can simply remove the line of code causing the error. But, it depends on whether the line is necessary for proper operation of the code or not.", this time I didn't do and attached here, again I can't export it as aml file since there are 5 errors. I aslo export the IOreg file. There is also another puzzling thing, I added the sources last time in Maciasl (1.4), and the Rehabman's master link automatically duplicated, and this time it says errors. I delete and add again. then it duplcated again.http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master.
  • How can I fix these 5 errors? Could you help me by deleting them correctly and upload the revised, so that I can use and save it as patched DSDT.aml

Attachments

• MacBook Air.ioreg
    3.8 MB · Views: 203
  • DSDT.dsl
    1.2 MB · Views: 270
Last edited:
I originally used this guide, whom laptop is identical to mine. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-ux360ca-sierra-10-12-5.225129/
From his wriitten, I was lead to another https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-ux305ca-uhd.197229/page-26#post-1469885
where suggested the following to be patched:
  1. Patch the DDSL file
    1. [syn] rename _DSM methods to XDSM

2. [bat] Asus N55SL/VivoBook Battery (requires ACPIBatteryManager.kext)

3. [igpu] Brightness fix

4. [sys] add IMEI

5. [sys] Fix _WAK Argo v2

6. [sys] Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel

7. [sys] HPET Fix

8. [sys] IRQ Fix (do not apply if you don’t want to use DSDT hacking Audio fix)

9. [sys] OS Check Fix (Windows 8)

10. [sys] RTC Fix

11. [sys] Skylake LPC

12. [sys] SMBUS Fix

13. [usb] 7-series/8-series USB

14. [usb] USB3 _PRW 0x6D Skylake (instant wake)
  2. download the latest version of ACPIBatteryManager.kext and put in EFI/kexts/others

3. Touchpad: put VoodooI2C.kext to EFI/kexts/others. Strangely no DSDT patch required and seems work out of the box! Also seems no need to remove the original Touchpad dr
  4. Meanwhile, I was also lead to this thread, and asked you guys to help, I now back to 5 error, even after I patched them with the above items. Last time I simply followed the Mr. Rehabman's guide and "For some errors, you can simply remove the line of code causing the error. But, it depends on whether the line is necessary for proper operation of the code or not.", this time I didn't do and attached here, again I can't export it as aml file since there are 5 errors. I aslo export the IOreg file. There is also another puzzling thing, I added the sources last time in Maciasl (1.4), and the Rehabman's master link automatically duplicated, and this time it says errors. I delete and add again. then it duplcated again.http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master.
  5. I aslo tried to add Voodooi2c http://raw.github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C-Patches/master and I did, but it can't be shown as I open the patch option, only Rehabman's repo is shown, all other links are invisible. strange enough.
  6. How can I fix these 5 errors? Could you help me by deleting them correctly and upload the revised, so that I can use and save it as patched DSDT.aml
The attached DSDT has no errors, as RehabMan said. Which patches did you apply after you saved this DSDT so the errors appeared?

What happens when you load VoodooI2C? Are you using the ELAN1200 version?
Also, better to change your XDSM methods back to _DSM under I2C0 and ETPD (If you're not using the fixed kext)

Under TPL0 device's _STA method, change 'Return (0x0F)' to 'Return (Zero)'
This would disable your touchscreen, but fix VoodooI2C's problem with multiple devices on the same bus (to be fixed in the rewrite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back