Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must provide details on "sleep issue" and full PR files.
After a long two sleep-wake cycles or after a long sleep, the system wakes up with non working USB ports (none of them) and instantly reboots.
Attached is the message I get after the instant reboot

Attachments

• debug_26548.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 64
  • sleep_failure.rtf.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 68
You forgot to disable hibernation.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.262185/

I didn't check anything else.
Disabled hibernation: set hibernatemode to 0, disabled autopoweroff and standby, removed sleep image and created sleep image folder, but still no luck.

After a couple of sleep cycles, no USB and unexpected reboot.

The sleep_failure file is the the log I get after the uncalled reboot; I looked inside it, but couldn't get a clue of what might be causing this failure...

Attachments

• sleep_failure.rtf.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 69
  • debug_9801.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 75
Disabled hibernation: set hibernatemode to 0, disabled autopoweroff and standby, removed sleep image and created sleep image folder, but still no luck.

After a couple of sleep cycles, no USB and unexpected reboot.

The sleep_failure file is the the log I get after the uncalled reboot; I looked inside it, but couldn't get a clue of what might be causing this failure...

You're using a patch to rename EC0->EC.
It is not valid due to the fact you have an ECDT that refers to EC0.
It is covered in this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/

It is a glaring/obvious mistake. I didn't check anything else.

Is the ACPI hotpatch your work?

Sorry @RehabMan , the hotpatch is not my work. I used ASUS-Zenbook (specific for my model) files from GitHub and built the ssdt's and config.plist. I then edited what I thought was not correct for my machine, for example the USBInjectAll port setup

I looked inside the config file but couldn't find the patch you're referring to. Should be something like "Rename EC0->EC"?

Sorry @RehabMan , the hotpatch is not my work. I used ASUS-Zenbook (specific for my model) files from GitHub and built the ssdt's and config.plist. I then edited what I thought was not correct for my machine, for example the USBInjectAll port setup

I looked inside the config file but couldn't find the patch you're referring to. Should be something like "Rename EC0->EC"?

Actually, there is no rename (now I see in ioreg both EC and EC0)... but AppleACPIEC is not loading for your EC0 device.
You should go back to no ACPI patches (except for common renames, as typical with USB setup) then build up the hotpatch one-by-one.

Also, I would try non-HWP SMBIOS, such as MacBookPro11,1.
And FakeSMC.kext instead of VirtualSMC.kext.

I switched to VirtualSMC only recently, to get ALS and some other little things to work. Even with FakeSMC I had this sleep issue.

Tried to disable ACPI and landed to this setup, where everything seems to be working and AppleACPIEC now fine (I think), but still no luck

Attachments

• debug_2416.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 60
I switched to VirtualSMC only recently, to get ALS and some other little things to work. Even with FakeSMC I had this sleep issue.

Tried to disable ACPI and landed to this setup, where everything seems to be working and AppleACPIEC now fine (I think), but still no luck

This ioreg still shows VirtualSMC and MacBookPro14,1.

For you to experiment with the changes I mentioned. And perhaps you have ideas of your own to test.

This ioreg still shows VirtualSMC and MacBookPro14,1.

For you to experiment with the changes I mentioned. And perhaps you have ideas of your own to test.
Tried both solutions (non-HWP SMBIOS 10,1 and reverting to FakeSMC) alone and combined, but still, after the third sleep cycle or after a long sleep, the laptop wakes up with no working USB ports and suddenly reboots after a few minutes.

Current setup is with VirtualSMC and 14,1 SMBIOS, which seems to be the best setup I've found for my needs.

One more issue I've noticed with ALL the setups I've tried so far (including the very first build without Whatevergreen for graphics) is boot taking very long every now and then: something like 3-5 minutes vs less than a minute, which is the usual boot time.

Attachments

• debug_20057.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back