Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoot. Is it the pound sign that disables that input? Assuming. I finally get the input correct but the Id doesn't work, can I change the id in that field using plist editor?

Edit: One more time just for the plist:
I'm a noob, so I apologize if my questions are obvious.

You should use a plist editor (Xcode or PlistEdit Pro) to edit your config.plist.
And you should check if there are other layout-id values that apply to your audio codec.
(check AppleALC documentation and source code).

You should use a plist editor (Xcode or PlistEdit Pro) to edit your config.plist.
And you should check if there are other layout-id values that apply to your audio codec.
I am currently using plist edit pro but in dark mode, so may be that it doesn't look like it?

I will check ALC .

Side question: can irq still be applied through clover configurator or is it only available through dsdt patch?

Was able to post my linux audio codec dump to alc discussion board and it turns out I have cx 8150, which isn't yet supported officially. Was given specific build of alc and told to inject id21. SLide bar and volume appears in settings but no sound yet.

I am currently using plist edit pro but in dark mode, so may be that it doesn't look like it?

I don't know why you're using plain text editing...

Side question: can irq still be applied through clover configurator or is it only available through dsdt patch?

Hotpatch can be done by enabling the various patches disabled by default in the guide plists.
Refer to the plists linked from here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I use Xcode. But you can use PlistEdit Pro also. No need for links as these are easily found...
Thanks. I will redownload plist edit pro I suppose.

Side note on my audio issues, I have tried the kext I was given (alc) and for some reason, ioreg is showing that the id is not sticking(I am injecting ID 21,but it still shows 7.)

I am using hotpatch irq, codec with alc/lilu.

Next step is dsdt irq patch but not sure that will solve the issue

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-22 at 22.16.43.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-22 at 22.16.43.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 129
  • debug_15080.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 129
Thanks. I will redownload plist edit pro I suppose.

Side note on my audio issues, I have tried the kext I was given (alc) and for some reason, ioreg is showing that the id is not sticking(I am injecting ID 21,but it still shows 7.)

I am using hotpatch irq, codec with alc/lilu.

Next step is dsdt irq patch but not sure that will solve the issue

Your ioreg shows you're injecting layout-id=21 (0x15).

Okay. I didn't catch that. I do get slider, switch, and volume through headphones. No output through internal speakers . I will attach files when I get to my computer. Thanks , sor for the feedback.

I have added some kextpatches that didn't seem to take. Only seem to have headphone output still

However, if I add this conexant patch that I found here(also attached)

https://github.com/tctien342/Asus-Vivobook-S510UA-High-Sierra-10.13-Hackintosh

it activates microphone(both built-in and headphones mic). Not sure how.

Thanks so much sir. I have to sleep because it's midnight here but I will check back tomorrow evening , my time. Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Files have been attached .

Attachments

• debug.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 140
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back