Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AML files are created in ./build when you run 'make'.

How exactly do I run the make command? I cd to the ux305fa folder and ran make.

iasl -ve -p build/SSDT-HACK.aml SSDT-HACK.dsl

make: iasl: No such file or directory

make: *** [build/SSDT-HACK.aml] Error 1

I did unzip the asl and move the file to tools

How exactly do I run the make command? I cd to the ux305fa folder and ran make.

iasl -ve -p build/SSDT-HACK.aml SSDT-HACK.dsl

make: iasl: No such file or directory

make: *** [build/SSDT-HACK.aml] Error 1

I did unzip the asl and move the file to tools

You need to put iasl in /usr/bin or in ./tools, as per post #1.

You need to put iasl in /usr/bin or in ./tools, as per post #1.
Figured it out. Learned command+shift+g in finder and found it. Slowly getting familiar with navigating a mac. Now I just gotta figure out the CPU power management and get apple services to work.

Thanks

Still haven't gotten around to the SMBIOS stuff, but I thought people might like to know the HoRNDIS USB tethering package is working for me with seemingly no issues on 10.11.5 (HoRNDIS-rel8pre2-dbg.pkg, specifically) You've to copy the kext after installing into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
Pretty handy if you've an android phone and need to get an internet connection for setting stuff up!

Also, I've been running it off an external drive until I'm sure it's worth going to the hassle of setting up my internal drive to have OSX on it. There's definitely some lag but for the purposes of just ensuring stuff works, it's pretty hard to complain about. Obviously haven't been doing anything strenuous on it, mind.

Haven't really read up about the speed of external drives at all, just bought one a few months back on sale and that's what I've been using, here's the drive: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EZ2FRP2/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Wound up doing the SMBIOS stuff there. I used spigot's SMBIOS configurations mentioned earlier as I've the same model (MacBookAir7,2), it all seemed to run fine. I've included my current config file and a screen shot of the About This Mac screen.
Primary questions are whether I've to find some specific values for any of these serial IDs before I might be able to use Apple services or anything else where I may face some authentication issues?

The only other things that are standing out to me right now are:
1. Shouldn't there be volume control, network info and perhaps some other icons up in the top right of the screen? I've attached an image of all that's currently there. I can adjust volume with alt and f10-f12
2. Can I set the windows button to be command? It seems right now that alt is command? So is the windows button alt/option?

Attachments

• PostSSDTPRgen.zip
    259.8 KB · Views: 82
Wound up doing the SMBIOS stuff there. I used spigot's SMBIOS configurations mentioned earlier as I've the same model (MacBookAir7,2), it all seemed to run fine. I've included my current config file and a screen shot of the About This Mac screen.
Primary questions are whether I've to find some specific values for any of these serial IDs before I might be able to use Apple services or anything else where I may face some authentication issues?

The only other things that are standing out to me right now are:
1. Shouldn't there be volume control, network info and perhaps some other icons up in the top right of the screen? I've attached an image of all that's currently there. I can adjust volume with alt and f10-f12
2. Can I set the windows button to be command? It seems right now that alt is command? So is the windows button alt/option?

The latest clover config has built in generator for MacbookAir7,2 - just use that and you'll get a valid sn.

Wifi icon will show if you have your wifi sorted, and you can show the volume bar there if you want, just tick it in System Preferences > Sound

You can change the command/control config also in System Preferences > Keyboard.

App store etc work fine, you usually have to have an en0 device, which is either LAN (which these laptops dont have) or working Wifi - if you have neither, nullethernet kext should do the job.

Haha, great! My version of clover configurator is like 2 weeks old and it wasn't on it, so that's a pleasant surprise.
I'm only using usb tethering atm, mostly been using Ubuntu so I've gotten used to having the arrows signaling that it's connected. It appears under the network info though.

RE: en0, if I've nullethernet in use, do I need to connect via the ethernet to set that stuff up (by using a USB ethernet adaptor or something) or will connecting via USB wifi/tethering be okay?

Haha, great! My version of clover configurator is like 2 weeks old and it wasn't on it, so that's a pleasant surprise.
I'm only using usb tethering atm, mostly been using Ubuntu so I've gotten used to having the arrows signaling that it's connected. It appears under the network info though.

RE: en0, if I've nullethernet in use, do I need to connect via the ethernet to set that stuff up (by using a USB ethernet adaptor or something) or will connecting via USB wifi/tethering be okay?

An app called little snitch will give you the data arrows and acts as a firewall of sorts too.

Nullethernet, as far as I can remember, just gives you a fake en0. You can still use whatever other connections :)
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Null-Ethernet

You'll be best getting a new wifi adaptor though. The Dell DW1560 WiFi is a good replacement (double check it will fit in your model, I imagine it should)

@ashp9 : thx, i got power management working (checked it with intel cpu tool). i just want to asked how is your performance on your asus having some browser tabs open? with my config scrolling isn't really smooth. "fancy" websites dont scroll smooth. or is it the m-core processor - too weak (i cant imagine)? and how long last your battery. my asus with qhd display shows round about 6 hours. is that quite good? another thing ... brightness control doesnt work all always(no pop-up i.e. after sleep mode or other situations). after reboot it works mostly. i experienced that on logon screen brightness control works and after login its gone. strange behavior.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back