Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need details...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

thx man, i attached the zip ... hope everything is right ... some outputs of kextstat are empty ... could that be a reason?

Attachments

• Archiv.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 89
So here are some idiot notes I've made that I wish I had the discipline to make myself do before starting to figure it all out:
  1. Firstly try on an external or blank drive (I done this one, of course, but it can never be repeated enough, I'm sure)
  2. Partition drive to have at least 2 partitions large enough to store OS X plus whatever you're putting on it initially
  3. Following installation, backup drive to the second partition using Carbon Copy Cloner. Do this each time you've successfully applied changes to the system and rebooted okay.
  4. Backup config.plist file in same directory with a name you remember before each change you apply, this means a messed up config can be easily backtracked from via the option screen in the clover bootloader

1. Yup meant to do that :)
2. Yep, Much better experience when just replacing the Wifi card
3 . Try using 0x16160000 or 0x16160002 - Those are the correct IDs for 5500

Remember your laptop is different to the one the guide is for, so the ID others are using is different so the port definitions usually are.
Some updates:
The wifi card can't be removed, which isn't a huge issue to me anyway (I gather this USB dongle works https://amzn.com/B00LGN8HWS). I've ran Lubuntu off a live USB and it accessed the drivers no problem. If I install Windows on another partition (I assume that's possible, I'll figure it out anyways) will the clover configurations prevent the wifi from working on the windows OS too?

Neither of those options worked for HDMI video output, but I haven't had much of a chance to test so that's gonna have to wait a few weeks until I have a second screen at home.

thx man, i attached the zip ... hope everything is right ... some outputs of kextstat are empty ... could that be a reason?

You could try larger DVMT-prealloc settings... Or different ig-platform-id.

You could try larger DVMT-prealloc settings... Or different ig-platform-id.

thx man ... i tried different ig-platform-ids

changed from: 0x161E0001 (intel 5300)
- mouse on logon screen doesnt lagg or hang
- restart/shutdown process needs may be 20 seconds after button clicked
- scrolling on websites with lots of pics is a pain

to: 0x16160002 (intel 5500 vs. original 5300)
- scrolling is smooth
- restart/shutdown process is much faster may be 3 seconds after button clicked
- disadvantage: mouse hangs/laggs round about 5 seconds on logon screen but then everything ok

so for me its okay to switch to this new id ... may be some user have an better id without the "mouse issue" on logon screen

may you can help me out with another issue:

- the brightess control Fn+F5/F6 works only on logon screen ... after logon its gone ... i have to go to system settings to change the brightness ... thx RehabMan

may be you have an idea ... i figured out using another user account it works perfect ... i created an standard account "test" and it worked ... switching back to my accout (not admin) its gone ... or even switching to my admin account it works ... may be an access privilege problem or something?

Perhaps you have made settings changes that affect it in SysPrefs.

Perhaps you have made settings changes that affect it in SysPrefs.

ok, thx man ... i guess its a good decision to create a new user account and use it as default ...

ok, thx man ... i guess its a good decision to create a new user account and use it as default ...

figured it finally out ... keyboard settings for command key in both settings (ps2-keyboard and asus-keyboard) ... if you change both then keys for brightness are gone

Hi, can't wait to try this out!

Does anyone know if there's a difference between the UX305F and UX305FA? Any difference in compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back