Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'v done what you said, but i couldn't get a troubleshoot because my laptop has a micro HDMI port, and i don't have a cable for that at the momment, but I'm going to buy one soon though. Then I can run that troubleshot. Thanks for helping by the way :D I really appreciate it :D

Internal UHD screen will require IOKit correctly patched... An external monitor will be useful to determine if it is just a problem with the internal screen. You could also use a remote desktop connection.

Hi again,

regarding serial ... may be somebody know how to change serial to get a valid serial? As far as I know

C02 = Factory Code
XXXXX = may be Year/Week of fabrication -- may be somebody know how its coded?
GL6C = Model Modification

Hi again,

regarding serial ... may be somebody know how to change serial to get a valid serial? As far as I know

C02 = Factory Code
XXXXX = may be Year/Week of fabrication -- may be somebody know how its coded?
GL6C = Model Modification

Use Clover Configurator (or other serial# generator software) for clues.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Output 1:
Code:
➜  ~ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f82b30000 0x66000    0x66000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) A29C7512-D3A8-3AED-9721-3A5FF1A32EB2 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
➜  ~ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
➜  ~ kextstat|grep -y applelpc
   90    0 0xffffff7f8274b000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (3.1) 32BDCF9F-0473-32D4-9DAE-F523EFB2D244 <84 12 5 4 3>
➜  ~ kextstat|grep -y applehda

Output 2:
Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooHDA.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext DummyX86PlatformPlugin.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AsusNBFnKeys.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Controller.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext

Other requested are attached, thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 80
Output 1:
Code:
➜  ~ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f82b30000 0x66000    0x66000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) A29C7512-D3A8-3AED-9721-3A5FF1A32EB2 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
➜  ~ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
➜  ~ kextstat|grep -y applelpc
   90    0 0xffffff7f8274b000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (3.1) 32BDCF9F-0473-32D4-9DAE-F523EFB2D244 <84 12 5 4 3>
➜  ~ kextstat|grep -y applehda

Output 2:
Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooHDA.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext DummyX86PlatformPlugin.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AsusNBFnKeys.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Controller.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext

Other requested are attached, thanks for your help.

The ioreg shows no USB power properties injected (I think Clover's config.plist/Devices/USB/Inject=true is broken for Skylake).

See ACPI patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

I'm broadwell and I believe this guide has the patches in place? I'll go over it later either way. Cheers :)

Maybe broken for Broadwell too... At any rate there are ACPI patches to inject the properties.

Complete noob in over his head right now.

Got up to

From the UX305FA-DSDT-Patch directory, copy build/*.aml to the EFI partition's EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched directory.

I'm not sure what the build/*.aml part means but I copied
SSDT-HACK.aml
SSDT-BATT.aml
SSDT-DEBUG.aml
SSDT-ALS.aml
SSDT-RMNE.am l
Probably the wrong files because the ones from my UX305FA folder is .dsl. Tried googling how to get it to aml and nothing really helps out.

then I copied rehab mans 5300 config with the intel inject set to no. Rebooted and honestly don't see whats different and now I can't find EFI on the hdd so I tried to open terminal and it won't open. Even crashed once. I'm at a loss here and I spent my whole day working on this for my sister. Any help would be great. Going to grab some beers to relax.

EDIT: After a few reboots I managed to get the terminal open so I coulld mount the EFI drive. Decided to replace the rehab man config with the config master in the UX305FA DSDT folder and having intel inject to yes. Now I can adjust the resolution fully and brightness but i'm still not sure if the aml files I put in are doing anything. The whole building aml section confuses me and I'm not sure what this means

"If you don't have iasl on your PATH, unzip it from downloads/tools/ into tools/, which is on the PATH for the Makefile."

I placed aisl in the tools folder then tried to cd to the ux305FA main folder typed make to see if it would do anything to the dal files which it didn't. Totally confused on that part but ill continue to tinker and drink.

Edit EDIT:
Ran run sudo ./install_downloads.sh then installed the dongle driver which made me reboot. The sudo command gave me some errors here and there. Now the keyboard and touch pad no longer work on the laptop. On the bright side I'm now online and posting from the ux305fa... well with external mouse and keyboard.

Tried manually unzipping the smart touch pad and asusfnkeywhatever and its saying its improperly installed. Tried the sudo unzip -x asdkfsdkfj -d command and its not working either

Final EDIT before bed: Well I got the touchpad and keyboard working by using a easy kext installer. Battery isn't working which is a must fix. Speakers aren't working but there terrible anyway good thing earphones and bluetooth work. If I can just get the battery to work properly, figure out the whole cpu management, and get wifi I would say i'm complete. I'll try searching further through the thread and google tomorrow when I'm rested.

Thanks to whoever reads through this drunken blabber and helps me out in the morning.

Last edited:
Complete noob in over his head right now.

Got up to

From the UX305FA-DSDT-Patch directory, copy build/*.aml to the EFI partition's EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched directory.

I'm not sure what the build/*.aml part means but I copied
SSDT-HACK.aml
SSDT-BATT.aml
SSDT-DEBUG.aml
SSDT-ALS.aml
SSDT-RMNE.am l
Probably the wrong files because the ones from my UX305FA folder is .dsl. Tried googling how to get it to aml and nothing really helps out.

The AML files are created in ./build when you run 'make'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back