Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus G73JH using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ioreg needs to reflect the state of the machine when issue is present.

Also, I don't see any USB audio device attached in the ioreg you provided.

The ioreg does show that you're using an old version of CodecCommander.kext.

So there is a newer version?

kind of strange though :crazy: it is not hardware related as it works without that kext :crazy:

I'm not sure what is working/not working. You should probably clarify the issue.

I see where the difference could have been. In the previous version, CodecCommander attached to all IOAudioDevice instances, including the USB audio device's AppleUSBAudioDevice. The new version doesn't do this, and is more selective about attaching only to onboard AppleHDA.

I suspect that having CodecCommander attach to the USB device caused issues for that specific USB audio driver, which caused it to exit without cleaning up correctly... resulting in disablement of the USB device node (EHC1).

SMBIOS is wrong... very wrong.

Use Clover Configurator to create a proper SMBIOS.

Note: From post #1 "SMBIOS is not configured in the file(I use MacBookPro6,2) "

Indeed...
I had to did this AND the config.plist from
Code:
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Debug</key>
			<false/>
			<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Name</key>
			<string>DSDT.aml</string>
			<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>SSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>DropOem</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Generate</key>
			<dict>
				<key>CStates</key>
				<true/>
				<key>PStates</key>
				<false/>
			</dict>
		</dict>
	</dict>

TO

Code:
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Debug</key>
			<false/>
			<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Fixes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>FixRegions_10000000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>NewWay_80000000</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
			<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>DropTables</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>DMAR</string>
			</dict>
		</array>
		<key>SSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>DropOem</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Generate</key>
			<false/>
			<key>PluginType</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
		</dict>
		<key>SortedOrder</key>
		<array>
			<string>SSDT.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-0.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-1.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-2.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-3.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-4.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-5.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-6.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-7.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-8.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-9.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-10.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-11.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-12.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-13.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-14.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-15.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-16.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-17.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-18.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-19.aml</string>
		</array>
	</dict>

in order to DSDT got read. Almost 5 days breaking my head over the window (I live in a 6th floor :p) to pass the Bluetooth load section at boot with -v.

The first clue was kext-dev-mode=1 was not present at config. I added it but the kexts didn't got injected either, so I kextload FakeSMC at single user console (fortunately no kernel panics before that point). After that was easy to deduce that kexts wasn't loaded at boot. Copied from /EFI/CLOVER/kext/other to /EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.10 and then all booted accordingly. I did copy all necessary kexts to /S/L/E before load the System but I don't know why they didn't load and I don't know why they didn't load at .../other either. I'm sooooooooooooo rookie with this Clover thing...

After that all I didn't got DSDT injection either. Was at that point when I realise the importance of the article about installing from USB. More specifically the part where the author explain that we have to use a well formed config.plist and not the "empty" default one. I did use one of his recommend config that, if I don't recall wrong, was wrote for you RehabMan so I'm really really happy for your indirect help on this matter, and OF COURSE with the priceless help of maromi posting the magic guide here and at Insanely.

I'm pretty sure that my true trouble on the config.plist is lack of knowledge, that with two lines probably got solved, but I'm learning... Only have to tune sound and keyboard backlight. Most probably I misread a couple of posts regarding that. Everything else is working 1000% fine, even SLEEEEEEEEEEP AT LAST!!!!!! I can't believe this monster sleeps well and awake fine AT LAST! so one more time, thanks to all!!!!!!!!!

One more thing... I could never boot form UEFI with SDD when I connected at the internal bay. Only could use UEFI using it with an USB adaptor. Neither adding manually EFI/BOOT/blah/blah with / or \ with ALLCAPS or lowercase. With USB Bios detect it automatically, but the boot option disappears the moment I connect the disk internally. The big twist is that I'm actually not installing OS X form 0, I cloned my MBAir System in order to have all Apps & Configs already done... oops!

P.S.: sorry for the long post and sorry for can't offer a potato? But I wish the detail at config.plist DSDT section can help someone else.
P.S.: the traditional "sorry for my bad english blah, blah, blah :-D

[update]
Keyboard backlight: my bad, didn't read the part where RehabMan explained that the controls are in num keyboard and not the fn keys... oops again.
[/update]

Last edited:
The first clue was kext-dev-mode=1 was not present at config. I added it but the kexts didn't got injected either, so I kextload FakeSMC at single user console (fortunately no kernel panics before that point). After that was easy to deduce that kexts wasn't loaded at boot. Copied from /EFI/CLOVER/kext/other to /EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.10 and then all booted accordingly. I did copy all necessary kexts to /S/L/E before load the System but I don't know why they didn't load and I don't know why they didn't load at .../other either. I'm sooooooooooooo rookie with this Clover thing...

If kexts/10.10 exists, all kexts are injected from it (even if empty) instead of kexts/Other.

P.S.: sorry for the long post and sorry for can't offer a potato? But I wish the detail at config.plist DSDT section can help someone else.

??

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

[/code]
One more thing... I could never boot form UEFI with SDD when I connected at the internal bay. Only could use UEFI using it with an USB adaptor. Neither adding manually EFI/BOOT/blah/blah with / or \ with ALLCAPS or lowercase. With USB Bios detect it automatically, but the boot option disappears the moment I connect the disk internally

I have used a ssd bay adaptor that replaces my DVD drive. I doubt it makes a difference. What is your Bios version? I use 213. What is your laptop Version? I have The G73JH-A1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back