Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus G73JH using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
the config.plist in that guide with

audio_HDEF-layout12.txt

So you're using patched AppleHDA...

Did you try adjusting the volume in SysPrefs->Sound?

There could be tweaks you can do with hda-verb and CodecCommander, but you'd need some knowledge of Intel HDA (you can download the spec from Intel... it is about 700 pages).

My volume is set to the maximum. If I try a AppleHDA.kext from another user who has succeeded do I have to repair permissions, reboot without cache, reboot twice? Like in kext patching. knowing the kext is patched.

My volume is set to the maximum. If I try a AppleHDA.kext from another user who has succeeded do I have to repair permissions, reboot without cache, reboot twice? Like in kext patching. knowing the kext is patched.

If it is an actual patched AppleHDA, remove the AppleHDA injector you're already using. Then repair permissions, boot without caches, rebuild cache, reboot.

Make sure your DSDT patch for layout-id matches the AppleHDA you're using.

if you're using the files here its a dummy kext for audio.

its far from perfect.
It was made to be as frustration free as possible.

I'm surprised you didn't ask why sub was off.
I disabled it otherwise you have to go to Audio MIDI Setup app and create a new output device which would disable system volume control

its far from perfect. It was made to be as frustration free as possible.

Do you also have the issue of low internal mic volume as does @davelaw56?

If so, putting those sort of issues into a "Known Problems" section of post #1 is a good idea.

its far from perfect.
It was made to be as frustration free as possible.

I'm surprised you didn't ask why sub was off.
I disabled it otherwise you have to go to Audio MIDI Setup app and create a new output device which would disable system volume control
I noticed the sub was off but the sound is good and loud enough for a day to day use dont really need it:p but for the microphone issue it is really annoying :problem: . Are there ways to make it work? if there are no ways to make it work what are the best options out there? voodooHDA ?

are you using headphones when using the internal mic?

reinstalled OS X completely to see if Voodoohda would do the trick and it does not work well on this laptop with yosemite. Crackling sounds. :crazy: So i'm going to stick with my previous build until someone comes up with a solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back