Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus G73JH using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi maromi!

I also have a laptop ASUS G73Jh, and try to install OS X El Capitan.
I followed your guide, but I did not get to run the graphics adapter.

Could you help please?

I have a ASUS G73Jh notebook with the following configuration:
1) CPU: Mobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-720QM, 2648 MHz
2) Motherboard: Intel Ibex Peak-M HM55, Intel Clarksfield
Northbridge: Intel Clarksfield IMC
Southbridge: Intel Ibex Peak-M HM55
3) Video adapter: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 (1024 MB)

When I boot from the USB stick I get this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlNY2S8fpGw

I try different guide but all the time the same bug with graphics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQTGeoLMRUI

post el capitan info under el capitan thread

upload the efi partition

@maromi
hey followed your guide here everything seems to work pretty good under "Yosemite"...as for updating to El Captain, the link to that guide ,seems to broken,I tried to update with updater app store, and just get spinning volleyball after reboot ,even with updated configPlist ..(you posted on Github,addyourOwnSerial)
so I did clean install 10.11 ,only issue I have is no Shutdown ,no Sleep..did you post another guide for El Captain ?
could you let me know what needs to be configure in "clover configurator" i'm new to it ,I usually us chameleon ,I got the basics,it seems there are a few tweaks I'm not aware of even after looking at the clover glossary and the different versions OS X seems to be breaking point of the way clover works to make your system stable.
thanks for your work as in my earlier postings as well this has been a journey to get this laptop up and running since Mavericks
Drone4Zone

@maromi
hey followed your guide here everything seems to work pretty good under "Yosemite"...as for updating to El Captain, the link to that guide ,seems to broken,I tried to update with updater app store, and just get spinning volleyball after reboot ,even with updated configPlist ..(you posted on Github,addyourOwnSerial)
so I did clean install 10.11 ,only issue I have is no Shutdown ,no Sleep..did you post another guide for El Captain ?
could you let me know what needs to be configure in "clover configurator" i'm new to it ,I usually us chameleon ,I got the basics,it seems there are a few tweaks I'm not aware of even after looking at the clover glossary and the different versions OS X seems to be breaking point of the way clover works to make your system stable.
thanks for your work as in my earlier postings as well this has been a journey to get this laptop up and running since Mavericks
Drone4Zone

The link is fixed

@ maromi...
I know it's something small ,but "Yosemite" runs 100% EVERYTHING working..I upgrade to El Capitan , via APP STORE method ,or USB installer everything working ,but ...no shutdown,no sleep..I can reboot,I tried both config .plsit files mine and yours ,I have,updated to 270 bluetooth ,and vanilla wifi card,have patched DSDT,and SSDT-0...are you having this issue with shut down ,no sleep in El Capitan ?,and if not what can I try to get shut down working and sleep ?
Drone4zone

@ maromi...
I know it's something small ,but "Yosemite" runs 100% EVERYTHING working..I upgrade to El Capitan , via APP STORE method ,or USB installer everything working ,but ...no shutdown,no sleep..I can reboot,I tried both config .plsit files mine and yours ,I have,updated to 270 bluetooth ,and vanilla wifi card,have patched DSDT,and SSDT-0...are you having this issue with shut down ,no sleep in El Capitan ?,and if not what can I try to get shut down working and sleep ?
Drone4zone

this thread is for yosemite. post in el capitan. probably usb issue. probably have to modify rehabman's [usb]USB3_PRW(0x0D) dsdt patch and probably some more dsdt patching needed. just noticed i needed to patch AC adapter.

ok ...is your G73JH working 100% in el Capitan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back