Register

[Guide] Asus G73JH using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to 10.10.4 rebooted Kernel panic after first part of installation

- Rebooted without cache did nothing

- Rebooted in Safe mode the second part of installation completed

- Rebooted normally no more sound.

- Repaired permission via dcpi manager and rebooted without cache. it reached desktop and kernel panic on the desktop.

-Reboot normally still no sound. I thought Clover was painless for the audio

Updated to 10.10.4 rebooted Kernel panic after first part of installation

- Rebooted without cache did nothing

- Rebooted in Safe mode the second part of installation completed

- Rebooted normally no more sound.

- Repaired permission via dcpi manager and rebooted without cache. it reached desktop and kernel panic on the desktop.

-Reboot normally still no sound. I thought Clover was painless for the audio

Proper audio re-initiation (when using AppleHDA injector):
- repair permissions
- boot without caches
- rebuild cache
- reboot 2x (with caches)

it appears that updating with a usb mic connected was not a good idea :crazy:. And trying to boot without cache with it plugged too was not a good idea. after unplugging it everything seems to bee ok. the white apple logo changes for a couple of horizontal bizarre lines before boot but it boots normally with sound and everything working :headbang:. So my bad. Just had to unplug everything before update

it appears that updating with a usb mic connected was not a good idea :crazy:. And trying to boot without cache with it plugged too was not a good idea. after unplugging it everything seems to bee ok. the white apple logo changes for a couple of horizontal bizarre lines before boot but it boots normally with sound and everything working :headbang:. So my bad. Just had to unplug everything before update

I updated and the only issue that showed up is now there is boot screen garble because something changed in the 10.10.4 IOGraphicsFamily.kext.

Im gonna see if the patch fixes it.

Before the guide was updated I didn't know we had to install FakeSMC and VoodooPS2 in S/L/E :crazy:. Since I have put those in S/L/E I must say WOW:D:D:D trackpad feels so nice with it :headbang:!!! RehabMan really made a good job on that one :clap:

BTW I did a complete re install and the only thing that was messing up was codeccommander.kext. I had to install it a second time because the system wouldn't boot without cache. it was stopping at line codeccommander, so i re installed it and boom! Flawless victory!!! Anyway, after it everything went smooth even the update

thank you everyone for making it possible on that big laptop :clap::clap::clap:

I did the update to 10.10.5 Trough the App Store
everything is ok
I repaired permission
Rebuild cache
rebooted twice
then did the update :headbang:

Do not reply to this or ask questions about 10.11 this is still a 10.10 thread i am posting for informational purposes.
updated to 10.11
make sure to update to latest clover version and update config.plist(requires 2 additional patches for audio and sip variables need added) before updating
EHC2 has all usb peripherals(bluetooth,camera,card reader) does not work OOB

Guide updated for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back