Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer S3-391 Ivy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have everything running perfectly s3 391 i5 ivy bridge .... however the fan is loud and kicks in at high randomly....

Is there a fix for a manual fan control? or some dsdt edits? its really annoying to the point where I want to get rid of the computer.. "people looking at me in the library loud" LOL!

Did you make an SSDT for your CPU? The fan's rarely came on when my laptop was in OSX. Partly because by default it seems to run it at 1.6Ghz instead of 1.7ghz.

Then you did it incorrectly. Are you certain you saved the DSDT correctly? Do it one step at a time so you know where your error is.

No. Although you use your phone as a network connection, you still need ethernet at en0 and it must appear as built-in.

If you replace your WiFi with a supported built-in PCIe WiFi, you can have Mac App Store access (using MacBookAir smbios).

Well, that changed my wifi card Where do I know. Can I change the appropriate cards. It does not look as en0 phone connection then you do not need to implement this method is not it?

Well, that changed my wifi card Where do I know. Can I change the appropriate cards. It does not look as en0 phone connection then you do not need to implement this method is not it?

I don't understand any of those sentences.

I think I've been clear about the requirements for Mac App Store access.

Did you make an SSDT for your CPU? The fan's rarely came on when my laptop was in OSX. Partly because by default it seems to run it at 1.6Ghz instead of 1.7ghz.
I want to ask you a question Without changing the WiFi card to gain access to the App Store Is there a way?
Share the moment I'm using my phone connection but can not access the App Store.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to ask you a question Without changing the WiFi card to gain access to the App Store Is there a way?
Share the moment I'm using my phone connection but can not access the App Store.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not have a PCI WiFi card (atheros ar9462) . As I said, I give you access to the phone by sharing the internet.

This method does not require a PCI card?

NullEthernet.kext does not require a PCIe WiFi card. It creates a fake Ethernet device that appears to OS X as built-in, satisfying the Mac App Store requirement.

NullEthernet.kext does not require a PCIe WiFi card. It creates a fake Ethernet device that appears to OS X as built-in, satisfying the Mac App Store requirement.
I'm trying to perform this procedure but maciasl patch will not let me. 'Locked'
I did userdsdt selecting from Multibeast setup. That's why I appear as locked?
Meanwhile, Bluetooth Is there a way to introduce the system?
My english is not enough to create SSDT am using nullcpumanager.kext
R6YgDR.png

I'm trying to perform this procedure but maciasl patch will not let me. 'Locked'
I did userdsdt selecting from Multibeast setup. That's why I appear as locked?
Meanwhile, Bluetooth Is there a way to introduce the system?
My english is not enough to create SSDT am using nullcpumanager.kext
View attachment 104709

Use my version of MaciASL and you might not run into that problem: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic

It has something to do with TimeMachine settings and/or permissions. If it is a permissions issue, you'll have to give yourself permission to modify the /Extra/dsdt.aml file.

I'm with the same BIOS Version. I think I disabled xHCI for installation.

If it doesn't boot without USB stick, you didn't install Chameleon like I mentioned, it will be done using the EasyBeast option inside Multibeast.

@RehabMan:

You made my day. I removed VoodooBattery, applied the DSDT patches, placed ACPI-Battery-Driver and ACPI-Backlight in S/L/E, did a reboot and everything seems to work. Only the batterystatus is now Service Battery (I hope it's a mistake).

AND I got a new option in System Prefs for Bluethooth and it recognizes the Atheros Bluetooth device (in System Information). Is it the first step to get Wifi internal running? :) It says connectable and discoverable Yes but doesn't find any device.
How did you manage to enable Bluetooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back