Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer S3-391 Ivy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need working/built-in Ethernet at en0 to access the Mac App Store.

What Ethernet chip does your laptop have? Use DPCIManager->PCI List.
I haven't ethernet chip
I also fully understand that. This device doesn't have ethernet ports already

I bought a USB WiFi stick in this way also provides access to the app store if I can?

No. USB WiFi will not allow access to the Mac App Store. As I stated in post #260, Mac App Store requires built-in Ethernet at en0.

For anyone interested, I am now selling my S3-391 ultrabook on ebay.

I hope you all found this guide useful but I will no longer be able to help without the laptop.

Enjoy your hackintosh!

I was able to run a search on Bluetooth. But now for some reason does not work, is there anything I can do for it?
Kext or dsdt?

After doing this operation I got this error and the system does not turn on
http://i.hizliresim.com/1nYVYD.jpg

Then you did it incorrectly. Are you certain you saved the DSDT correctly? Do it one step at a time so you know where your error is.

Finally, my phone does not seem defined as en0 connection, I think. To apply this method to appear as en0 needed?

No. Although you use your phone as a network connection, you still need ethernet at en0 and it must appear as built-in.

How did the App Store provides access to wonder. Results of this device does not have an ethernet port.

If you replace your WiFi with a supported built-in PCIe WiFi, you can have Mac App Store access (using MacBookAir smbios).

I have everything running perfectly s3 391 i5 ivy bridge .... however the fan is loud and kicks in at high randomly....

Is there a fix for a manual fan control? or some dsdt edits? its really annoying to the point where I want to get rid of the computer.. "people looking at me in the library loud" LOL!

I have everything running perfectly s3 391 i5 ivy bridge .... however the fan is loud and kicks in at high randomly....

Is there a fix for a manual fan control? or some dsdt edits? its really annoying to the point where I want to get rid of the computer.. "people looking at me in the library loud" LOL!

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Also,

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back