Contribute
Register

Got audio to work 889 on Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
esneik said:
Working for a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 with OS X 10.6.8

great news will list motherboard

Hello there, I have the Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, and a 5.1 analogic sound system (with three conectors, front, rear, and center) but I only get 2.0 sound in my Custo Mac.
Everything is working perfect except the 5.1 sound.

does this 889 audio work for you in 5.1? or even is it possible from the analogic outputs to set in 5.1?

Thank you so much for your help in advance

I got this working on the same board with F9 bios.

It took me 2 trys but the second time I deleted 2 AppleHDA ktexts and had to delete an 887 ktext too.

Thanks I owe you!

P: GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 Lion 10.7.2 updated, device for sound none.
S: Just MultiBeast 4.2.1 /AppleHDA Rollback check.

I tried this several times...

I used a monitor without hdmi, unplugged my speakers,

Deleted the audio kexts

They were in system/library/extensions

HDAEnabler889.kext
HDAEnabler889a.kext
appleHDA.kext

and after following the steps I was finally able to get the audio working.

Thanks a bunch!

vr6forlife said:
I tried this several times...

I used a monitor without hdmi, unplugged my speakers,

Deleted the audio kexts

They were in system/library/extensions

HDAEnabler889.kext
HDAEnabler889a.kext
appleHDA.kext

and after following the steps I was finally able to get the audio working.

Thanks a bunch!

good to see Audio working also listed your motherboard

Thanks Idd, you're a star! Your instructions did the trick and the inbuilt Intel HD Audio is now working on my Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3 board. Thanks for the help: it's much appreciated. :D

Proletaire said:
Thanks Idd, you're a star! Your instructions did the trick and the inbuilt Intel HD Audio is now working on my Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3 board. Thanks for the help: it's much appreciated. :D

Good to see you got it working will list your motherboard

i followed all the steps, got "Audio ID: 889" to show up in my system report. The problem I ma having is I cannot get an output device to show. I've tried the unplug, boot, plug method to no avail. Do some speakers just not work? Is there something else I can check with regards to output devices?

cmutt78 said:
i followed all the steps, got "Audio ID: 889" to show up in my system report. The problem I ma having is I cannot get an output device to show. I've tried the unplug, boot, plug method to no avail. Do some speakers just not work? Is there something else I can check with regards to output devices?

no all you have to do is take out the speaker switch of the machine complete
in fact pull the plug out of the wall wait 2 min plug it back boot up the machine as it boot up connect the speakers and you should see all

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back