Contribute
Register

Got audio to work 889 on Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not working for me, can anyone give any pointers?

My setup = GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 ; OS X 10.7.5; speakers plugged into green 3.5mm port on motherboard; had audio working on an earlier OS X install but lost it after a clean reinstall (using Multibeast and the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 F12 DSDT from the tonymacx86 DSDT database.

My symptoms = 'Sound' preferences pane says 'No output devices found'; 'Audio' screen in 'System Information' just says "Intel High Definition Audio: Audio ID: 892" and then lists the output like 'Line output' and 'Headphone'

Not working for me, can anyone give any pointers?

My setup = GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 ; OS X 10.7.5; speakers plugged into green 3.5mm port on motherboard; had audio working on an earlier OS X install but lost it after a clean reinstall (using Multibeast and the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 F12 DSDT from the tonymacx86 DSDT database.

My symptoms = 'Sound' preferences pane says 'No output devices found'; 'Audio' screen in 'System Information' just says "Intel High Definition Audio: Audio ID: 892" and then lists the output like 'Line output' and 'Headphone'

if this is your mothrboard your codac should be Realtek ALC889 try deleting AppleHDA.kext nd all tyhre audio kext file shut down the machine by unpluging from wall then start from post 1 line 7

if this is your mothrboard your codac should be Realtek ALC889 try deleting AppleHDA.kext nd all tyhre audio kext file shut down the machine by unpluging from wall then start from post 1 line 7

Thanks! How do I delete all the audio kext files? Where would I find them? If it helps, here's the contents of my /System/Library/Extensions directory: http://pastebin.com/8qyMtwkH

Thanks! How do I delete all the audio kext files? Where would I find them? If it helps, here's the contents of my /System/Library/Extensions directory: http://pastebin.com/8qyMtwkH

delete

ALC8xxHDA.kext
and
AppleHDA.kext

repair your permission
reboot your machine
get Kext Utility
then in post one add the
AppleHDA.kext.rar

then reboot it then pm me

delete

ALC8xxHDA.kext
and
AppleHDA.kext

repair your permission
reboot your machine
get Kext Utility
then in post one add the
AppleHDA.kext.rar

then reboot it then pm me

Tried PMing you yesterday but not sure it worked. I did the steps above. After the final reboot I have the same symptoms as before (Sound' preferences pane says 'No output devices found'; 'Audio' screen in 'System Information' just says "Intel High Definition Audio: Audio ID: 892" and then lists the output like 'Line output' and 'Headphone')

What should I do next?

Thanks a lot,
tog

Tried PMing you yesterday but not sure it worked. I did the steps above. After the final reboot I have the same symptoms as before (Sound' preferences pane says 'No output devices found'; 'Audio' screen in 'System Information' just says "Intel High Definition Audio: Audio ID: 892" and then lists the output like 'Line output' and 'Headphone')

What should I do next?

Thanks a lot,
tog

I decided not to wait for an answer and tried your step 9 in the OP:

"9 run Muilt beast 3.7.3 [I used MultiBeast 4.6.1] select
ALC8xxHDA
dont select AppleHDA Rollback you been warned
in non DSDT HDAEnabler
select ALC889
that it finish off reboot the lion ( you should have 2 thing selected)"

To check I understood correctly I've attached a screenshot of the MultiBeast options I chose.

Alas this left my with the same symptoms I described earlier: 'Sound' preferences pane says 'No output devices found'; 'Audio' screen in 'System Information' just says "Intel High Definition Audio: Audio ID: 892" and then lists the output like 'Line output' and 'Headphone'

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-20 at 09.04.41.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-20 at 09.04.41.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 412
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back