Contribute
Register

Got audio to work 889 on Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
toqi786 said:
idd said:
toqi786 said:
ive tried this method again! but still didnt work, still didnt manage to see any audio id: 889 :s

wen i delete the AppleHDA.kext at the beginning, shall i delete the ALC8xxHDA.kext also and try again?

Yes

I tried this but still no luck :/

do a clean install and then do post one dont miss any lines print it out and cross if off as you go along

let me know

idd said:
do a clean install and then do post one dont miss any lines print it out and cross if off as you go along

let me know

i did do a clean install this morning! the method was

clean install
reboot
custom beast (which only installs comp definitions, ethernet, bootloader & 3rd party sata)
reboot
[at this point when i went to preferences/sound i had no output device]
ran kext utility
reboot
kext utility and apple hda
reboot

now i have internal, headphones, line out and digital!

toqi786 said:
idd said:

let me know

i did do a clean install this morning! the method was

clean install
reboot
custom beast (which only installs comp definitions, ethernet, bootloader & 3rd party sata)
reboot
[at this point when i went to preferences/sound i had no output device]
ran kext utility
reboot
kext utility and apple hda
reboot

now i have internal, headphones, line out and digital!

my friend do it again clean install and dont install " custom beast " and follow post one
slowly dont rush it try one more time you have it working perfect

idd said:
my friend do it again clean install and dont install " custom beast " and follow post one

When i tried to install it, after i installed the ALC8xxHDA & ALC889 and i done the final reboot, i got this message 3 times

2384f742c1208efbfb465acf790bd98220a12416_wmeg.jpg

it would allow me to load into lion! it would come up after the white apple screen!

toqi786 said:
idd said:

When i tried to install it, after i installed the ALC8xxHDA & ALC889 and i done the final reboot, i got this message 3 times

it would allow me to load into lion! it would come up after the white apple screen!

Toqi786 - I am having a GA-Z68XP-UD4. I followed the steps "exactly" as IDD noted in the first post. When I rebooted the last time I had the same Kernel panic as in your screen shot. I am guessing this is because your BIOS got reset. Go into BIOS setting and check your Power and CPU functions. Make sure S3 is selected and in for CPU the "Turbo" function is NOT SELECTED.

Once I reset this to S3 and Standard, everything works. I just have to figure out a way to get the boot loader onto the SSD. Currently I booting off of the iboot flash drive.

sritri said:
toqi786 said:
idd said:

Toqi786 - I am having a GA-Z68XP-UD4. I followed the steps "exactly" as IDD noted in the first post. When I rebooted the last time I had the same Kernel panic as in your screen shot. I am guessing this is because your BIOS got reset. Go into BIOS setting and check your Power and CPU functions. Make sure S3 is selected and in for CPU the "Turbo" function is NOT SELECTED.

Once I reset this to S3 and Standard, everything works. I just have to figure out a way to get the boot loader onto the SSD. Currently I booting off of the iboot flash drive.

this for for 64 bit that why you machine are crashing

idd said:
this for 32 bit lion not for 64 bit that why you machine are crashing

so this wont work for me? on 64 bit? and is there any solution for 64bit?

toqi786 said:
idd said:
this for 32 bit lion not for 64 bit that why you machine are crashing

so this wont work for me? on 64 bit? and is there any solution for 64bit?

nope your best bet is try to find 64 bit apple kext or change it to 32 bit

good luck

Have you restarted again? It's just because everything is working fine on my system, which I guess is running 64 bit because I have 16GB RAM recognised. Every time I change almost anything, the system fails on the fist reboot, then boots fine and I run kextenabler just to be sure.

David

PS: Just to be sure, if 16GB RAM works fine in 32 bit mode, how do I tell which version of OSX I am running?

Orangezorki said:
Have you restarted again? It's just because everything is working fine on my system, which I guess is running 64 bit because I have 16GB RAM recognised. Every time I change almost anything, the system fails on the fist reboot, then boots fine and I run kextenabler just to be sure.

David

PS: Just to be sure, if 16GB RAM works fine in 32 bit mode, how do I tell which version of OSX I am running?

Cool, I'm looking forward to building a system like this tomorrow! I'm getting a i7 2600, and a GA-Z68-UD3H-B3 board!

If you go to the About This Mac, and then and go More Info, then click System Report then click Software (the main one with the triangle) you will see something like this

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.7.2 (11C74)
Kernel Version: Darwin 11.2.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Computer Name: Macpro
User Name: john doe (johndoe)
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes
Time since boot: 8 minutes

and there would be the 64 bit thing

OR

open terminal and type uname -u and you get this:

erics-mac-pro:~ eric$ uname -a
Darwin erics-mac-pro 11.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 11.2.0: Tue Aug 9 20:54:00 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1699.24.8~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

if it is in 32 bit mode I believe it will say i386 instead of x86_64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back