Contribute
Register

Got audio to work 889 on Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
bah! no dice...

I left it off for about 5, unplugged both the tower power as well as speaker power. Started it back up, plugged speaker in during boot and fail :(

Maybe I'll have to do all the steps over again.

Fixed it, saw that the Azalia codec was disabled in bio setup. I Enabled and all worked as expected.

NativeNewYorker said:
idd said:
This how I got the audio to work
1,first of all i did a clean install of lion got the Ethernet to work with Muiltbeast 3.7
2,reboot
3, delete AppleHDA.kext from System/library
4, reboot
5, run Kext Utility
6, Reboot
7 run Kext utility and drag AppleHDA.kext into it
8 Reboot
9 run Muilt beast 3.7.3 select
ALC8xxHDA
dont select AppleHDA Rollback you been warned
in non DSDT HDAEnabler
select ALC889
that it finish off reboot the lion ( you should have 2 thing selected)

check your Preference you should see 889 audio now go into sound select youe sound output
file i used are below

Dude,

Your the man. Thank you very much on this one. It actually worked! Simply laid out. Nice. I've been without sound for a couple of days. Did without it until I couldn't take it anymore. Graphics was top priority. Still can't get my GTX 570 (Gigabyte-GVN570SO-13I) to operate optimally. I tried everything. I'll just wait for Nvidia or Tony to release an official 100% working fix for this.

Anyway, Thanks again idd. I'm that much closer to having a complete working system. :thumbup:

So I tried a variation of that solution.

What I did was:
1. Download both the links provided for Kext Utility and AppleHDA
2. Unrar'd them and put them on desktop
3. Turned on kext utility via double click, nothing actually happened
4. Went to System\Library\Extensions
5. Moved AppleHDA into the folder, and authenticated it.
6. Reboot, everything worked.

I use:
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
i7-2600k
2GB ram
XFX HD 6870
1TB drive
OSX 10.6.8

Happy hunting.

Thank you Sir.

This worked for me with a GA-x58a-ud3r F6.

Where are these links for Kext Utility and AppleHDA?

I'm clearly brand new to all of this, but my friend got this all working for me but I'm left with crackling audio.

Purxic said:
Where are these links for Kext Utility and AppleHDA?

I'm clearly brand new to all of this, but my friend got this all working for me but I'm left with crackling audio.

on post 1

einz said:
Confirmed that this method works on the little brother version, the GA-Z68MA-UD2H-B3. I followed the guide, had the DSDT file so no need to check the non-DSDT enabler, and had to change the output to the built in setting in preferences and everything checked out. Thanks!

So, you DID use MultiBeast and DID install the DSDT w/o additional HDA edits? I ask because your use of the DSDT differs from the OP's approach. And, did you use the SAME MultiBeast version 3.7.3? I've only got the later versions, so wondered if the approach requires a specific version of MB.

I know you post is old, but the thread seems to still be quite alive.

Thanks.

Here's another success using Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I followed the OP's instructions except that I used Kext Beast. And, as the OP promised, audio resulted. Now I need to to figure out how to get this new audio to route over my HDMI cable. I hope that this present success is on the right road to HDA.

Thanks IDD - I've spent more time than I care to admit trying to get audio. I've done careful DSDT edits for HDA, etc. Nothing until now.

[/quote]I followed these instructions (with my Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3), and now I have audio devices showing up in System Preferences, but I'm still getting no sound, either from the rear port or the front port. Any ideas?[/quote]

1) what output DEVICE have you selected? I had to chose built-in speaker to power my external speakers through my rear (green) headphone/speaker jack.

2) not to be condescending in any way, but you DID do a fresh install, did you not? no DSDT, etc?

The OP's instructions are the only thing which worked for me, and since your mobo is on the list, I'd remain optimistic for now. I say that after having spent uncounted hours on this issue.

Thanks a lot for this guide. Z68XP-UD3 10.6.8 audio worked fine after following ur steps. Somehow i hvnt tried to get audio in Lion since my HDMI audio worked on my very first boot after multibeast. was struggling with audio on SL for a while. thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back