Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z97 and H97 Motherboards Gallery and Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep: I can awake my computer by click my Logitech mouse while it's in sleep mode.
Speedstep: I tune on my hardware monitor(HWMoniter), the cpu frequencies just switch between 800 MHz to 3.30 GHz.
Hope this could help you. :)

BTW, bad news is How to Use HDAEnabler module with Chimera failed, I follow those steps it mention, but still got nothing,
also https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALC1150 failed, but I am not sure if I did it correctly.
well, another long night...:cry:

Thanks for your feedback and good luck !

The thought of getting a GA-Z97X-UD7 TH for a DAW rig to run a 4790K with a base clock of 4.0GHz.. has put me in a great mood. :crazy:

Look great- lots of new stuff coming to support Haswell refresh CPUs. The Broadwell CPUs won't be out til Fall- those will be the true next gen for 9 series boards.

Moved to General Hardware Discussion.

Wont the Haswell refresh ie Devils canyons be for Z 9 series, while the new Broadwells are a different socket and will be for the X99 series chipset? They won't be cross compatible, I believe. Move only done cursory reading. Intelsat getting a little crazy with their sockets. X99 will support DDR4, which will probably be pricey at the start.

It would be interesting to know if the z97 still have this freezing :confused: issue when using 4 RAM Modules. :?:

The ga-z97x-ud3h looks promising.

Its Specs and Manual just says:
Intel® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)

(Lan is Intel i217)

No further Model etc.

Is Power Management working?

Anyone can confirm that it works ?

Awesome! I eagerly await news of success with the Z97X-UD3H, which seems substantially cheaper but very similar. It looks like these motherboards area a-go!

Awesome! I eagerly await news of success with the Z97X-UD3H, which seems substantially cheaper but very similar. It looks like these motherboards area a-go!

Today I received a Z87X-UD3H and 32 GB RAM.
After 8 Hours it just froze. ;(

I hope that the z97 Models Fix this issue !

Anyone yet tried to use 32 GB RAM with a z97 Board?

And what about Asus z97?
This is my second Gigabyte z87 Board, both has the SAME freeze issue.
I feel a little bit fooled by Gigabyte.

I feel a little bit fooled by Gigabyte.

my 2 cents, not sure why you are assuming that 4 sticks of ram is your issue, but i can tell you that i have put together many, many, many gigabyte based systems, including many z87, z77, and now a couple of z97. Almost all of them have had all ram slots populated (32GB) and i never encountered this issue. The systems are often on for days at a time, if not at least long hours each day. They do not freeze or lock up after being set up properly. Maybe you have bad or less compatible ram.
g\

Well I just bought the GA-Z97 gaming 5. I didnt by it for mac yet works flawless. Killer works super easy to install now days. I could get the 1150 audio to work but I dont need it..have better. I had a MSI board that I had to mod the bios to get OS X to work. This time I was doing something else and the computer went off....

This is good to hear. I assume you are using the killer nic driver from multibeast? can you say how well its working on these new boards? It might be a hassle but if you can make sure its stable with large transfers (like try copying 20GB over the network) and also test the speed you are getting, i am pretty interested in the mATX gaming board as an upgrade to an aging z68 system. Stable and fast networking is essential to my workflow though.

As for Audio, i am confident that masters like Toleda will get it working on 9series in time.

Thanks for the info,
g\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back