Contribute
Register

Gigabyte z77-ds3h Yosemite boot issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi !

Please jbamford, can you post your BIOS setting and your 'org.chameleon.Boot.plist' ?

I have nearly the same build as you (ga-z77-ds3h rev 1.1, i5 3570 and GTX 770) and my USB 3.0 ports doesn't work out of box and with the GenericUSBXHCI but after sleep the ports are working...
And also after sleep the audio doesn't work ! Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot for help !

With the Rev 1.0 board, I've had all the symptoms everyone else on this thread has had -- sometimes sound would come and go while I was working on a document or browsing; sometimes it would boot fine, other times I'd get the white window and frozen cursor; sometimes boot to snow crash screen; no USB 3 ports working at all. I use the ALC887 current for audio and the Atheros something 123 for network.

So I used Unibeast 5.0.1 and Multibeast 7.0.0 and reinstalled Yosemite, following Tony's guide. I use the DSDT-free process. I initially put in the GenericUSB kext, but that didn't work. So I booted from my Mavericks drive and removed that kext from the Yosemite drive and rebooted. Now, USB 3 ports are good. Tony's advice to make sure that BIOS settings for XHCI mode be AUTO, and that both XHCI and EHCI handoff boxes be ENABLED are important.

My craziness seemed to start after I downloaded and installed the new Nvidia Yosemite drivers. The reinstall took me back to the Apple default drivers, and I think that helped. But the looniness of this whole experience has me spooked. Mavericks went in without a hitch, so I was thinking this might be easy...

The only problem I have now is losing audio after waking from sleep. I hope toleda or someone will get that fixed. I can't figure out how to correctly use CodecCommander, which toleda linked to on his troubleshooting page -- I'm not a terminal whiz.

UPDATE Oct. 24 -- Audio now seems to be working correctly -- I used the ALC887 current kext and Patched AppleHDAEnabler with Multibeast 6.1, which is what worked in Mavericks.

UPDATE Oct. 25, 2014 -- After using the older kext, patched AppleHDA, and HDAEnabler, USB 3 ports all dead, with sound gone on waking from sleep. Reinstalled Yosemite, made inplace-patch recommended by toleda -- see Audio - Realtek ALCxxx page on this site. Sound now working, with recovery from sleep AOK. USB 3 ports still dead. Tried GenericUSB3 kext from MB 70.1 -- doesn't work, removed.

I have had major issues with Yosemite as well (slightly different board, Z77-D3H). When I originally tried to upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite I had the kernel_cache error (despite having deleted the boot flag in the boot.plist on both the HD and USB!). I went around in circles trying to get it working, and ended up just erasing the SSD and installing fresh which went really well. I started having issues with it getting stuck booting (progress bar stuck half way on the grey screen with apple logo), but managed to get it booting with -v.

I then upgraded from a GTX 570 to a new GTX 970, installed the Nvidia drivers and booted ok for a day or two. Then it wouldn't boot at all, and I got the "bug in process suhelperd" when booting, and it would take about 3 minutes to get past the BIOS screen (the BIOS screen was unresponsive the whole time). I went back to the 570 and booted into windows to update the BIOS to the current version (F22, I think I was on F12 before). At least now the BIOS screen is behaving properly. I now have to use -v -f in order to boot, and I still get some "bug in process suhelperd" errors but it seems to gets past them.

I am using the ALXEthernet.kext from multibeast, and no audio kext (I use a USB sound card, much less of a headache!). While the USB3 show up in system profiler the ports don't work (using GnereicUSBXHCI.kext). Other than that I am pretty much just using the default DSDT free multibeast config. Hopefully the error we are are all experiencing is found out soon as many have said Mavericks was such a pleasure to install it's a shame this one has been a bit tougher!

Hello. Still have no sound on z77-ds3h (Clover, kext-dev-mode=1, Yosemite). I've tried Multibeast, audio_realtekALC-100 script. Nothing helped. audio_cloverALC-100 reported "No audio codec detected". Can somebody help?

You need to use ALC887 audio driver from multibeast to enable sound.

I've done that for years. But at this time (yosemite) multibeast did not help.

Hi everyone! I have Z77-DS3H Rev 1.1
On Mavericks everything works! Everything, and I'm using Chimera 3xx
On Yosemite... Everything works too! :D or maybe not :') I'm using clover for the first time, it's so hard to configure. After 100 try finally it's works! I have only the ethernet bug of E2200 Atheros, after a while Internet "crash"! :( any idea?
I have also a problem with dual boot with Windows 8.1 installed on another SSD in boot mode: Legacy BIOS(not UEFI) :'(
clover can't boot the windows partition...

Inaccurate advice. You need to select a ALC887/888b Current v100302 driver in Multibeast.
P.S.Forget about the clover.

I've selected ALC887/888b Current v100302, sound doesn't work. What do you mean saying "Forget about clover"?

So at the moment it sounds like 1.0 rev's are not enjoying yosemite?

Vorshim92, to boot a legacy windows installation, if you go into clover configurator, load your config file, and then goto the boot menu option, then in the top right hand corner, there is a dropdown that says Legacy.

Make sure this is set to "LegacyBiosDefault" save your config file, and try that, also make sure in you bios, that the windows drive is NOT set to boot uefi, it must be set to normal boot.

Took me a few attempts to figure it out, but mine is now dual booting like a champ :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back