Contribute
Register

Gigabyte z77-ds3h Yosemite boot issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigabyte z77-ds3h Yosemite issues -- USB3, sound

My Z77-UD3H, rev 1.0

USB3 ports -- working with a twist -- Installed RehabMan's fork of the GenericUSB3XHCI kext. Now, If I insert a USB3 device first, then I can use USB2 or earlier devices. If I leave a USB2 device inserted all the time, then on reboot or wake from sleep, the USB3 ports work for everything. Gonna try default Apple USB3 kext to see if this behavior is the same....

UPDATE -- can't leave USB stick in for reboot, causes starting issues, prolly need to change BIOS settings or something. Default Apple USB only lets me use USB3 devices in USB3 ports. Can't use an earlier device even after inserting a USB3 device, the method that does work with the GenericUSB3 kext.

Sound -- CodecCommander has sound working after wake from sleep. Needed an edit to its info.plist file for correct HDEF Device Location (mine is 1B) and for its Codec Address Number (mine is 2) -- use
Terminal, enter "ioreg | grep EngineOutput" to see report of codec info. For my speaker output (green back panel jack) I used the first listing -- that's what I selected in Sound Sys Prefs.

See the README at GitHub for edit info. Right-click kext to see package contents, find info.plist in Contents folder. Drag plist to desktop, change "plist" to "txt" approve change, then edit with TextEdit. Save, then change txt back to plist, drag back to Contents folder, use KextBeast to install CodecCommander kext.

@crawlgsx

Thanks for the update! I have the GT 640 as well so maybe that was my problem. I'll try to get around to installing Yosemite in a few days with these fixes and report back.

It'd be great to know how you get on please :)

make sure to delete old boot loader files
Settings i used! hope this help you guys :thumbup:

Just to make sure I don't royally mess things up, precisely which files/folders am I needing to delete?

I'm glad I first carbon copied my drive to try this update. I have done the last 3 major updates with only very minor issues. (new kexts needed for audio or ethernet)

This update however, presents many issues for my rev 1.0.

Generally I get halfway done booting and am presented with a 0 with an X through it.

Along with slow boot times (when it boots) I think I'll just go back to my super stable Mavericks until we have some progress made with the stability of 10.10

edit: also when I do get it to boot, I have a strange mouse jumping issue that I haven't heard of anyone reporting. The mouse doesn't always track as it should.

Yes,
I am interested in installing with clover Yosemite with gA-z77-DS3H

Hi all,
i got everything up and running with Clover.
If any one interested on Clover configuration just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back