Contribute
Register

Gigabyte z77-ds3h Yosemite boot issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at the moment it sounds like 1.0 rev's are not enjoying yosemite?

Understatement.

Every time I think I finally have it working it doesn't boot again. I still have yet to get the USB3.0 ports to work at all.

Understatement.

Every time I think I finally have it working it doesn't boot again. I still have yet to get the USB3.0 ports to work at all.

Sounds grim - is it worth considering a new mobo since I guess this board was one of the first natively safe boards - maybe it's time to upgrade a little?

I think there is still hope, I think its just a matter of updates to Multibeast (and maybe Chimera).

I'm not giving up yet personally anyway.

I have two GA-Z77A-DS3H Rev. 1.0 boards - Both with HD 6850 graphics and HP NC360T Ethernet cards.

I have upgraded both to Yosemite, both now utilising Clover.

I upgraded one with Chimera / Unibeast / Multibeast by installing on top of an existing Mavericks build which I subsequently changed to Clover.
The other was upgraded with a fresh install using Clover.

I'm not saying that it was easy but I followed the guides on this site and it all worked out OK.

So stick with it and you'll get there.

Good Luck

I have two GA-Z77A-DS3H Rev. 1.0 boards - Both with HD 6850 graphics and HP N360T Ethernet cards.

I have upgraded both to Yosemite, both now utilising Clover.

I upgraded one with Chimera / Unibeast / Multibeast by installing on top of an existing Mavericks build which I subsequently changed to Clover.
The other was upgraded with a fresh install using Clover.

I'm not saying that it was easy but I followed the guides on this site and it all worked out OK.

So stick with it and you'll get there.

Good Luck

I have half wondered if my problems are related to the Nvidia GT640/Dual Display.

What made you use a dedicated Ethernet card? Just curious as I have never had any problems with the onboard.

Update: I am now finding some threads of others saying they are having issues with the GT640 with Yosemite. Looks like that may indeed be my problem.

What made you use a dedicated Ethernet card? Just curious as I have never had any problems with the onboard.

I was having problems with large file transfers, the network connection kept dropping.
There were several posts from users having similar problems and the NC360T was suggested as a possible solution.
I bought one and it worked and so I bought more for my other builds.

I was having problems with large file transfers, the network connection kept dropping.
There were several posts from users having similar problems and the NC360T was suggested as a possible solution.
I bought one and it worked and so I bought more for my other builds.

Ahh yeah I've had that problem before using certain kext's, Drove me crazy on my home board.

Anyone having trouble with a GT640 I have the solution. Delete all kexts starting with NVD then install the Nvidia Kext's from DP1.

https://mega.co.nz/#!yBxg2aia!0tEldYdt1neVcqL6xl32SWDRwVYY9jFcmSaEGaOk4b0

After doing that my computer now boots and shuts down fine. (so far anyway, 4/4). Still no USB3 but thats minimal compared to the annoying boot issues.

Still no USB3 but thats minimal compared to the annoying boot issues.

For USB you could try this :

Remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext if you have one in /System/Library/Extensions

Copy Rehabman's GenericUSBXHCI.kext to your desktop. Download

If you don't have it already, download KextBeast from Here.
Run KextBeast.

Restart

Good Luck

For USB you could try this :

Remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext if you have one in /System/Library/Extensions

Copy Rehabman's GenericUSBXHCI.kext to your desktop. Download

If you don't have it already, download KextBeast from Here.
Run KextBeast.

Restart

Good Luck

I did that once before and it didn't work so i tried it again, still didn't work. I have a USB extension I was using for kicks I plugged it directly in... worked. Are you kidding me? During this install apparently my Extension cable died. Who knows how long I've been messing with USB3 due to a dead cable ARGHH! lol.

Thank you.

Update: So apparently the Extension cable still works fine, just not with my USB3.0 ports (which is where it worked in 10.9)
I tried another good extension cable and that also won't work in the USB3 port now. Bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back