Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi @lozlab,

I see you're having some probs there. If it helps, I have a ready-to-go Z490 Aorus EFI right here. (No TB SSDTs.)
It has been updated to latest OC and should work with your setup up to latest Ventura. I've also taken the liberty to add a RX580 config version. Give it a try.
Thanks! But I put your EFI on my USB, and I got this at startup on f12...I must be missing something.

Attachments

• IMG_3729.JPG
    IMG_3729.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
Thanks! But I put your EFI on my USB, and I got this at startup on f12...I must be missing something.
start fresh with reading the guide from post 1

Okay, before you continue can I ask - did you put in the UUID, MLB and System serials in the boxes outlined in the EFI Platform section? These are required. Secondly you may have to do a quick NVRAM reset using the new EFI. Pressing space bar at the Opencore Boot Picker should bring up the ResetNVRAM tool. You have to use it before trying to read it again using the F12 key after it reboots.

Please take a look at Step 1 and Step 2 in Post 1. These steps help build the USB installation disk.

Hello @lozlab,

Why not use OpenCore 0.9.2? You can find the details here:

Please take a look at Step 1 and Step 2 in Post 1. These steps help build the USB installation disk.
Thanks! As I said, I followed the guide thoroughly. Is it possible that the brand new USB drive is defective?

Thanks! As I said, I followed the guide thoroughly. Is it possible that the brand new USB drive is defective?
Let’s check something:
  • Insert the USB disk into another Mac or Hackintosh
  • Open a Finder window and navigate to the USB disk (not the EFI partition)
  • Do you see a file there called “Install macOS <name>” where <name> is the version of macOS you’re installing?
Also, what is the size or capacity of the USB flash disk?

Okay, before you continue can I ask - did you put in the UUID, MLB and System serials in the boxes outlined in the EFI Platform section? These are required. Secondly you may have to do a quick NVRAM reset using the new EFI. Pressing space bar at the Opencore boot section should bring up the ResetNVRAM tool. You have to use it before trying to read it again using the F12 key after it reboots.
Yes, I did all that, and, after NVRAM reset, at F 12 screen says HDA controller reset time out. Then Ventura installer appears; the Apple logo appears; finally, it quits and restarts.

Let’s check something:
  • Insert the USB disk into another Mac or Hackintosh
  • Open a Finder window and navigate to the USB disk (not the EFI partition)
  • Do you see a file there called “Install macOS <name>” where <name> is the version of macOS you’re installing?
Also, what is the size or capacity of the USB flash disk?
Thanks, I am installing " Installer macOS Ventura" size 11,83Go the flash is 15,38G0

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-06-30 à 13.05.56.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-06-30 à 13.05.56.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 9
Thanks, I am installing " Installer macOS Ventura" size 11,83Go the flash is 15,38G0
This does not look correct -- why does it say "Installer macOS Ventura"? It should be "Install macOS Ventura".

Here is Step 2 from Post 1:

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 4.48.04 AM.png

Back