Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@MacArthur @Middleman
Thanks for support guys! It was my stupid mistake. I set SetAfpfsTrimTimeout to 0 because I have Samsung SSD. I changed it back to -1 and everything is working fine well except both integrated Ethernets but I bet there's a kext for that too.

Please mount the EFI partition of your USB flash drive, open the EFI folder in a Finder window, expand the BOOT and OC sub-folders, then post a screenshot.
Hello, Here is the screen shot of my usb efi

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-06-22 à 11.54.59.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-06-22 à 11.54.59.png
    208.2 KB · Views: 35
Please mount the EFI partition of your USB flash drive, open the EFI folder in a Finder window, expand the BOOT and OC sub-folders, then post a screenshot.
Hello, I did a complete startup of the USB key following this guide precisely, then when pressing F12 and choosing the key I have this screen, also a screen of the efi folder..any Idea please

Attachments

• IMG_3726.jpg
    IMG_3726.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 19
  • Capture d’écran 2023-06-27 à 20.10.39.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-06-27 à 20.10.39.png
    161.2 KB · Views: 13
Hello, I did a complete startup of the USB key following this guide precisely, then when pressing F12 and choosing the key I have this screen, also a screen of the efi folder..any Idea please
How did you edit/modify your config.plist? Did you use "OpenCore Configurator" or some other application? If you used "OpenCore Configurator", which version of it did you use? Please note that each version of OpenCore Configurator supports only two versions of OpenCore.

How did you edit/modify your config.plist? Did you use "OpenCore Configurator" or some other application? If you used "OpenCore Configurator", which version of it did you use? Please note that each version of OpenCore Configurator supports only two versions of OpenCore.
So I started over using the mini guide with OC 0.8.3 config.plist and matching OC Configurator. At F12 choosin flash drive, I got this screen. So many hours trying to do this USB and no success. Any idea please or solution!:) I'm turning desperate.

Attachments

• IMG_3728.JPG
    IMG_3728.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 26
So I started over using the mini guide with OC 0.8.3 config.plist and matching OC Configurator. At F12 choosin flash drive, I got this screen. So many hours trying to do this USB and no success. Any idea please or solution! I'm turning desperate.
those 2 entries needs to be added to your config.plist
opencore configurator can probably do that for you

or check the sample.plist from opencore to see where they go

So I started over using the mini guide with OC 0.8.3 config.plist and matching OC Configurator. At F12 choosin flash drive, I got this screen. So many hours trying to do this USB and no success. Any idea please or solution! I'm turning desperate.
Hello @lozlab,

Why not use OpenCore 0.9.2? You can find the details here:

Hello @lozlab,

Why not use OpenCore 0.9.2? You can find the details here:

I tried this OC version to following this exact guide but same issue...key cant boot

Hi @lozlab,

I see you're having some probs there. If it helps, I have a ready-to-go Z490 Aorus EFI right here. (No TB SSDTs.)
It has been updated to latest OC and should work with your setup up to latest Ventura. I've also taken the liberty to add a RX580 config version. Give it a try.

Attachments

• EFI for Z490.zip
    46.8 MB · Views: 14
Back