Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Yes i just replaced catalina by ventura in the terminal, right ?
note that in my application folder the file is named Installer
Yes it is correct to replace "Catalina" with "Ventura".

But the file should be called Install macOS Ventura.

Did you use GibMacOS to download Ventura (as described in Step 1)?

Yes I did
I am downloading Ventura 13.5 latest public beta now... Will see what the file is called when download is done.
Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 5.10.02 AM.png

Download completed.

Step 1: Double-click InstallAssistant.pkg

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 5.17.13 AM.png

Step 2: Check Applications folder. File name is Install macOS Ventura...

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 5.18.00 AM.png

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-06-30 à 14.27.24.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-06-30 à 14.27.24.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Is it possible that I have to switch my language from french to english ? just during this process
Hmm, not sure about that. If the French version uses the word “Installer” then it should be okay. I would suggest using a 32GB flash disk.

Hmm, not sure about that. If the French version uses the word “Installer” then it should be okay. I would suggest using a 32GB flash disk.
I started over with english language and no better , still same quiting after showing the ventura install logo, so i will try the 32 g flash if you think it might do it (i guess if it could be a space issue it would be a known issue but i ll give a try and if it s bad iwill save for real mac !

I started over with english language and no better , still same quiting after showing the ventura install logo, so i will try the 32 g flash if you think it might do it (i guess if it could be a space issue it would be a known issue but i ll give a try and if it s bad iwill save for real mac !
So this time the Ventura installer actually runs? So that is progress, no?

Does the system freeze while attempting to boot the macOS installer? If so, press and release CMD-V at the OpenCore boot picker, then select Install macOS Ventura. This will show you a lot of log message on the screen.

Also feel free to compress and post your entire OpenCore 0.9.2 EFI folder, but remove serial numbers from config.plist -> PlatformInfo -> DataHub. I can use your EFI folder to attempt Ventura installation on my Z490 Vision D.

Last edited:
Back