Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

As a general question, Will the install procedure at the beginning of the thread still work for a fresh Ventura install?
I want to use OC 0.9.3 and the OC-092-Z490-VISION-D file.
Bios F5
i9 3.7 Ghz 10 Core Intel
64 GB 3600 DDR4
AMD Radon RX570 8GB
Intel 1219V11 / i225-V Ethernet
WD Black SN770 NvME 2 TB (x3)
Yes it will work. We can start with 0.9.2 then update to 0.9.3 later with HackinDROM.

I tried to install Ventura 13.4, used OC 0.9.2 and your config from the post #2368807. It installed great, didn't have an issue.
But after installation it freezes after around 1 minute. And it seems the screen gets frozen while SSD works for a while and then it restarts. I tried to disable WiFi and tried using Airportitlwm - it didn't help. Installed on an empty hard drive. What could it be? I have fenvi card, can it be the issue?

Last edited:
Hi
Was it an upgrade or a fresh install?
Did you before using the post you are mentioning read and apply recommendations from #1 of the topic?

Hi
Was it an upgrade or a fresh install?
Did you before using the post you are mentioning read and apply recommendations from #1 of the topic?
Hi!
yeah, I'm a long time user of the #1 method. Got it running 3 years ago successfully up to Big Sur 11.7 Now trying to update to Ventura (using different config.plist and new OC from that update mentioned above). Update and fresh install both freeze the same way.

Well I am not expert enough and don't have Fenvi card.
Did you try the IntelWIFI config.plist to compare? This is the one I use and wifi is working great. BT not working but this is a known issue.

Hi!
yeah, I'm a long time user of the #1 method. Got it running 3 years ago successfully up to Big Sur 11.7 Now trying to update to Ventura (using different config.plist and new OC from that update mentioned above). Update and fresh install both freeze the same way.
Try setting the SMBIOS to iMac20,2 and setting the Security > SecureBootModel to j185f. Make sure the Kernel > Quirk fields are all empty. Also make sure the latest version of Airportitlwm used is the one for Ventura and that you've updated all of the relevant kexts & .efis to the latest version 0.9.3.

Hello , I followed this great guide thourouly, but my USB key does'nt boot on F12, any idea please ?

Attachments

• IMG_3712.JPG
    IMG_3712.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 23
Got my Ventura up and running with my back up Big Sur.... Thank the Gods for back ups.... Ventura is working fine but some the software I like to use is still behind... oh well and no wifi Blue tooth with Intel chipset
So as a side question I have the Z490 Vision D with the Intel WiFi and BT module. It's never really worked well for hand off and a few other features, but it would connect BT and Wifi basic features in on Big Sur.
It's kinda dead on Ventura which leads me to breakdown and just buy a T919 card and move on from the Intel WiFi/BT issues.
Here's the question, should I pull the intel module out of the motherboard?
If no divers are needed plug and play do I need to change anything in my config.plist?
I am reading a lot of conflicting answers.

Hello , I followed this great guide thourouly, but my USB key does'nt boot on F12, any idea please ?
Please mount the EFI partition of your USB flash drive, open the EFI folder in a Finder window, expand the BOOT and OC sub-folders, then post a screenshot.

Got my Ventura up and running with my back up Big Sur.... Thank the Gods for back ups.... Ventura is working fine but some the software I like to use is still behind... oh well and no wifi Blue tooth with Intel chipset
So as a side question I have the Z490 Vision D with the Intel WiFi and BT module. It's never really worked well for hand off and a few other features, but it would connect BT and Wifi basic features in on Big Sur.
It's kinda dead on Ventura which leads me to breakdown and just buy a T919 card and move on from the Intel WiFi/BT issues.
Here's the question, should I pull the intel module out of the motherboard?
If no divers are needed plug and play do I need to change anything in my config.plist?
I am reading a lot of conflicting answers.
Have you seen this post?

Back