Contribute
Register

Gigabyte UEFI - SSDT/DSDT and Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Adam1203
Thanks so much for posting this! finally got around to testing and works perfect with my system. I am using OC SSDT.aml from multibeast and 42,42,42,41 and now have full p-states. going to bump that to 43,43,43,42 asap since the last one is the top mutli that OS X hits.
Thanks again,
g\

I did something similar. I now have 47, 46, 46, 46. I just added the next speed step to my SSDT, but i'm pretty much at 4.6Ghz as my comp never uses 1 core.

Glad it worked for you! :)

I did something similar. I now have 47, 46, 46, 46. I just added the next speed step to my SSDT, but i'm pretty much at 4.6Ghz as my comp never uses 1 core.

Glad it worked for you! :)

Yeah,
Interestingly OS X seems to have all the cores locked to the same speed. really doesn't matter what my threading situation is. i never see any core running at a speed different from the others, and thus i never see anything hit 43x (my turbos are set to 43,43,43,42). At least in the tools i have to check realtime status (hw monitor and SMC monitor) all the cores always show the same p-state, and depending on overall load will move together from 16x, 29x, 36x and 42x.

g\

this an amazing new!!!!!
I ve got couple of question just to make things clear for EVERYONE!
1. Do you HAVE TO use mac mini smbios or you can choose mac pro 3.1))?
2.Will patched by toleda appleHDA (for dsdt) work with this?
3.Will Hw MONITOR and FAKE PLUGINS works After this?
4.Tell us your overall experience did you encounter any kernel panics after moving to uefi anything that was working before and now does not or anything it was working better and now does not?

i m on Bios f12 right now and besides some problem with sleep and wake that sometimes my computer just freezes trying to waking it up everything works brilliantly and i ve got also support for dts and dolby from the optical output that by itself its outstanding!

this an amazing new!!!!!
4.Tell us your overall experience did you encounter any kernel panics after moving to uefi anything that was working before and now does not or anything it was working better and now does not?

i m on Bios f12 right now and besides some problem with sleep and wake that sometimes my computer just freezes trying to waking it up everything works brilliantly and i ve got also support for dts and dolby from the optical output that by itself its outstanding![/QUOTE]

Z68XP-UD3 rev1.3 with U1g bios

1. I've tried MacMini5.3, iMac12.2 but still only have 2 states - 16 and 40 (see bios settings screenshot attached)
2. N/A - I use external FireWire audio
3. No problems with HW Monitor and plugins - works for me as it worked before.
4. No kernel panics so far, system boots much faster and it seems to me that UEFI is the way to go. Sleep works also well, and I solved the USB wasn't ejected properly problem by using Jettison app which does the job for me by ejecting all drives before sleep. Waking up works very well when I click my mouse a couple times but when I do it by the apple keyboard, I need to replug it after to make it work, so not really a big deal for me.

All I'd like to have fixed is multi stepping. I tried SSDT from MultiBeast for overclocked i7 but didn't worked so I removed it and only get 16x and 40x multiplier.

120819155852.jpg

this an amazing new!!!!!

i m on Bios f12 right now and besides some problem with sleep and wake that sometimes my computer just freezes trying to waking it up everything works brilliantly and i ve got also support for dts and dolby from the optical output that by itself its outstanding!

1 - You can use either, you'll get more PStates with Macmini5,1.
2 - Yes if you use the attached DSDT (make sure you have the exact same motherboard).
3 - Not sure, haven't tried it.
4 - No KP's, although sleep is still hit or miss. 1/10 of the time the computer will freeze at wake-up.

1 - You can use either, you'll get more PStates with Macmini5,1.
2 - Yes if you use the attached DSDT (make sure you have the exact same motherboard).
3 - Not sure, haven't tried it.
4 - No KP's, although sleep is still hit or miss. 1/10 of the time the computer will freeze at wake-up.

Hey, I've literally tried everything and still can't get anymore then 2 p-states with any SMBios or SSDT (yours or the one from multi beast). Also I can't seem to be able to use the Mac mini 5,1 SMbios because it gives me a KP.

Any Ideas? thx for the help!

Hey, I've literally tried everything and still can't get anymore then 2 p-states with any SMBios or SSDT (yours or the one from multi beast). Also I can't seem to be able to use the Mac mini 5,1 SMbios because it gives me a KP.

Any Ideas? thx for the help!

Try this (attached) it´s for 4.2 Ghz OC

Attachments

• SSDT for 4,2 Ghz UEFI.zip
    92 KB · Views: 458
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back