Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6600 Eagle 8G Graphics Card now $179 after Promo code

I don't own one yet.
Gigabyte RX 6600 - has 2 x HDMI ports - great for connecting to a dual HDMI monitor system and avoiding issues with DP/HDMI adapters. The Sapphire and other monitors appear to have 3 x DP, 1 x HDMI ports.

Is the performance upgrade over the RX 580 worth the investment ? Is it quieter ?
thats a good question. I guess it depends on if you want to continue using it beyond ventura until all end of windows based gpu support on apple devices

I just found out that Asus is doing the same with their range. Their Dual RX6600 8GB is now priced at $259.99 on Amazon whilst their TUF Gaming RX6800 16GB DDR6 OC is selling for $599.99! These prices are literally unheard of lows a little over a year ago.

Is the performance upgrade over the RX 580 worth the investment ? Is it quieter ?

Yes, the GA RX 6600 XT is a lot quieter than the (Sapphire) RX 580, especially on wake when the fans would run at high speed for a few seconds like the fans on an out-of-control Powermac G5.

However, in terms of ROI the real payoff comes with a dual monitor setup where colors and images from the RX 580 display would sometimes be distorted on wake/boot and required toggling the power button on the monitor(s) to restore the image. There is no distortion of the display using the RX 6600 XT.

I just found out that Asus is doing the same with their range. Their Dual RX6600 8GB is now priced at $259.99 on Amazon whilst their TUF Gaming RX6800 16GB DDR6 OC is selling for $599.99! These prices are literally unheard of lows a little over a year ago.
tell me where!

@trs96, @oli.mathieu - yeah, the better performance of the RX 6600 XT (post #17) definitely helps.

Are there any settings such as frame buffer values that affect the performance such as reducing image distortion?

Newegg has bot these cards for $240 now.The Sapphire even has a $20 promo code making it $220!.

Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 12.33.06 PM.png

Back