Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6600 Eagle 8G Graphics Card now $179 after Promo code

$20 promo code for these three RX 6600, that Sapphire is very tempting!.
$180 is close to what the older RX 580 sold for back before the 2020 pandemic and Crypto mining bubble that drove prices to the moon. (At one point the RX 6600 sold for over 600 USD !) Good to see they've come back down now.

Last edited:
$180 is close to what the older RX 580 sold for back before the 2020 pandemic and Crypto mining bubble that drove prices to the moon. Good to see they've come back down now.
Thats when I got mine and its still kicking! I tried to replace it with a 6600 XT from ebay but Im sending it back this week. I think I got a dud and wish I had waited until I saw this post.

This is a Newegg review from back in 2022 when this card sold for $339. The Gigabyte Eagle 3 fan version.

I upgraded from an XFX RX 580 GTR Black, and while it was a solid GPU for what I wanted to accomplish, the RX 6600 is a huge improvement from what I was used to. The moment I knew I could write a review finally was when I launched Rise of The Tomb Raider, I benchmark on High at 59fps and on Very High 58fps. I'm a novice when it comes to PC stuff, but the 580 was benchmarking less than half of that at low settings!

Overall Review: Definitely recommend if coming from an RX 580 or a 1080 and want to accomplish 60fps across the board, good quality at what is currently the entry range for upgrading 3-5 year old cards

Last edited:
Ordered the same one just now (June 29) but at a local online store in Taiwan. Including taxes, that's 6,590 TWD, or about 212 USD. RX 6600 should be enough for playing many of my games like World of Warcraft with at least high quality, at or near 4K 60fps with FSR on if available. I haven't bought any new PC game since early 2022.

This upgrade should fulfil the need before transitioning to a possible M3 Mac.

Last edited:
The ports are a bit higher that the connectors may be slightly blocked by the chassis itself, and my thick DP connector is a bit loosened because of that. Geekbench 6 Metal Score at 106377 is impressive.

IMG_5284.jpeg
IMG_5286.jpeg
IMG_5287.jpgIMG_5289.jpeg

The ports are a bit higher that the connectors may be slightly blocked by the chassis itself
That isn't uncommon, I have a similar issue with a PowerColor Vega 56. I have damaged two DP cables messing with the position of the card.

That isn't uncommon, I have a similar issue with a PowerColor Vega 56. I have damaged two DP cables messing with the position of the card.
At least mine isn't damaged. I initially thought there should have been something wrong with OpenCore or the card itself, and I realised that the signal could work with some angle.

Yeah, the moral of the story being 'Don't force the connection', unless you really want to break the cable!

Also interesting to see that my card is manufactured this March— I thought the production of RX 6000 series had been stopped last year.

Even though there are three fans, it feels lighter than my previous RX 580 card. The noise and heat are also significantly quieter and cooler respectively.

I have let it run all available tests of 3DMark as well as FurMark.

Yes, the GA RX 6600 XT is a lot quieter than the (Sapphire) RX 580, especially on wake when the fans would run at high speed for a few seconds like the fans on an out-of-control Powermac G5.

However, in terms of ROI the real payoff comes with a dual monitor setup where colors and images from the RX 580 display would sometimes be distorted on wake/boot and required toggling the power button on the monitor(s) to restore the image. There is no distortion of the display using the RX 6600 XT.
@NZRichard
I bought recently the same card as yours? RX 6600 XT EAGLE 8G. Can I ask about your GPU temperature on idle. My card rise slowly to 70 degrees before fans kick in and stops with 55 degrees. Im using two monitors. With Windows the temps are 35 degrees idle and not rising at all

Back