Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6600 Eagle 8G Graphics Card now $179 after Promo code

The Sapphire Pulse RX6600 is close to matching the Gigabyte card in price.
This Amazon review about the Pulse ($250) says it all:
Went from an RX580 8GB card and let me tell ya, went from 25 average fps on halo infinite to a steady 90fps with no stutter. Also upgraded ram from 16 to 32gb of 3200mhz. Can get an average of 100fps on borderlands 3 with high/ultra settings. Very powerful, very quiet, do not regret. Buy this versus overpriced Nvidia cards.
So if you game in Windows, it's definitely worth the upgrade price to get a RX 6600.
Newegg offers the best price today. $240 after promo code.

https://www.newegg.com/sapphire-radeon-rx-6600-11310-01-20g/p/N82E16814202409
Screen Shot 15.jpg

Screen Shot 13.jpg

Last edited:
This Amazon review about the Pulse ($250) says it all:

So if you game in Windows, it's definitely worth the upgrade price to get a RX 6600.
Newegg offers the best price today. $240 after promo code.
Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 9.23.21 AM.png

My page for the Sapphire Pulse is showing a different price. And the promo code is still on offer, is the $20 promo already taken off the price?.

these are pulse and eagle versions but not nitro+
Any of these three cards will work with macOS. The performance should be similar. Main difference is the cooling system. Gigabyte has 3 fans and is a much longer card (11 inches). It also has dual HDMI outputs if you need those. So pick the one that best fits your unique build. The excessive length would lead me to opt for the Sapphire Pulse instead. Don't really need 3 fans that create more noise and use more power.

1666015019158.png

Last edited:
My page for the Sapphire Pulse is showing a different price.
That's the LITE edition. Has fewer ports for video output. Only half actually. So 3 monitors is not an option.
Should be fine for a dual monitor setup but that's as far as you can go.

Screen Shot 19.jpg

@craighazan the different model number tells you the cards are not the same. -01 version has 4 ports.

Screen Shot 20.jpg

-04 version has just two ports. One is HDMI.

Screen Shot 21.jpg

The 11310-01 version has three DP which are preferable to HDMI when running macOS Monterey/Ventura.

View attachment 1666014675746.png

Last edited:
Any of these three cards will work with macOS. The performance should be similar. Main difference is the cooling system. Gigabyte has 3 fans and is a much longer card (11 inches). It also has dual HDMI outputs if you need those. So pick the one that best fits your unique build. The excessive length would lead me to opt for the Sapphire Pulse instead. Don't really need 3 fans that create more noise and use more power.

View attachment 556217
I Have a Wacom cintiq pro 24 inch drawing tablet, and I need that to work with macOS Ventura/Monterey. Isn't it essential to have an equal amount of HDMI and display ports ?

Isn't it essential to have an equal amount of HDMI and display ports ?
No idea why it would be. I've never used a wacom tablet.

Back