Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt (Updated to 10.8.2 and MultiBeast 5.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, try this, this is what I use:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Okay, try this, this is what I use:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Middleman,

Before trying to use that new info you gave me my computer froze. Upon restarting it I get a panic on the boot screen. I tried to boot into safe mood with no luck. Anything I could try to get past the panic?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 264
Hi Big Nate,

What you could do is using your Unibeast USB installer, boot with it using -v -x and after you see the first OSX screen, run the Terminal utility. You should be able to access your drives/volumes this way, and then use pico to edit your org.chameleon.Boot.plist. In Terminal you could type in something like ls to list what is in your drives directories and then from there navigate to your drives /Extras folder and edit your plist file.

If you need to see what commands to use, google OSX terminal commands.

OMGOMGOMGOMG.......... !!!!!!!!!

It works !!!!!

After a lot of trys....

What i've done, i have changed the system definitions to iMac 13,1 (even if i have a 26" screen)...
I have installed the ahci injector series 7 (don't know if it change something or not),

I have installed the specific update for MacBook Pro and mac 13,1
Then, i've restarted but the audio was not actives. Anyway, i've tried to make iMovie working. And Yessss, iMovie was working without audio... (don't know why...)

I've restarted, then i'have installed the audio kext
Restarted again, and taaadaaaaa, it works.....

If somebody understand what happened to my mackintosh... i curious...

I just thought I'd share this with everyone, to show gaming performance in VM. My hack is dual booted with OS X ML and Win8 Pro. I'm using Parallels Desktop to access my Win8 Pro HD, kinda like Bootcamp. Anyway, I was playing some games through Parallels Desktop and noticed how smooth they were playing and decided to benchmark the video performance of Parallels Desktop for gaming, the results are pretty good for DirectX 9. DirectX 10 & 11 kept crashing, so no results for them. Here is a screen shot:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-30 at 1.04.00 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-12-30 at 1.04.00 PM.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 279
I have very strange problem, with my 23" Apple Cinema Display the UEFI BIOS is not readable and is at wrong resolution. However it works fine on a smaller monitor 1440x900! I have even tried to reset the BIOS!

I am running the latest F12e beta bios, F11 Bios also had same problem.

I have very strange problem, with my 23" Apple Cinema Display the UEFI BIOS is not readable and is at wrong resolution. However it works fine on a smaller monitor 1440x900! I have even tried to reset the BIOS!

I am running the latest F12e beta bios, F11 Bios also had same problem.

Taylorsyn,

Try to increase your video RAM setting in the BIOS to either 64MB or 96MB, and see if it has underscan/overscan turned on. Usually that's the case...

Middleman,

Before trying to use that new info you gave me my computer froze. Upon restarting it I get a panic on the boot screen. I tried to boot into safe mood with no luck. Anything I could try to get past the panic?

Thanks

Back up and running, thanks for the help

Areas I still need help with:

Audio is not working, I have headphones plugged into the green slot on rear io and trying to turn up volume with keyboard reveals no smoking sign under audio levels.

I have windows installed and I would like to be presented with the boot options of windows or mac without pressing enter first.

Boot up time seems to be pretty slow on my sandisk 240gb ssd.

On my logitech solar keyboard for mac brightness controls do not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back