Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt (Updated to 10.8.2 and MultiBeast 5.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks very much for the reply. I have not yet installed my GTX 650 GPU. I wanted to keep things simple until I got a running system. So I'm trying to use on board HD 4000.

So far, the only way I can see what's going on is by connecting my tv to the gA-Z77X-UP5 HDMI port. I've tried as I might to fiddle and turn turn it this way and that, I can't get the miniDP cable to fit into the gA-Z77X-UP5 Thunderbird port. They look *almost* the same. Very odd.

As a temporary fix, to releive the tv ;) I bought a DVI cable and connected it to my Dell monitor. Now that won't work. No signal. Nothing.

I think that you have same problem as I had. Rear I/O panel shield has two metal strips that have gone in to the thunderboltconnector.
You can cut them off if you don't want to remove motherboard and put the shield panel to the right place.
After that should miniDP fit to thunderbolt port.

Way to go Gameboy35!!! Dual displays @2560x1440@32 on the Gigabyte board via MiniDP! Well I never...
this is gonna many of us real happy! :D

Please, for the sake of clarity will you please post up your boot.plist? And post a pic for us to see?
I'd love to see how it worked out for you...

@JohnSRQ

Try setting Init Display=IGPX in the BIOS

Sure my friend... I will post the boot.plist file details once I get to my office .And yeah I will ofcourse post the pic too.... Will post by Monday.

During install process Apple Thunderbolt Display works (HD4000, Thunderbolt Port 1 or 2)

After installation if GraphicsEnabler = YES, then works fine only first restart after MultiBeast and on next restart, after white screen with apple - no image, only black screen (TP1)
if i use TP2 - kernel panic
if
GraphicsEnabler = NO, then i saw only poor graphics with lags (
hdmi out from motherboard to my samsung tv - ok
Need your help!

PS

ML 10.8.2
try BIOS ver F4, F11, F12e
BIOS settings like this
http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-g...55-boards.html

Hi iLerin,

Try to update to F11 BIOS and change your settings to the ones below:

Init Display First AUTO
Primary PEG AUTO
Internal Graphics Enabled
Internal Graphics Memory Size 96MB
DVMT Total Memory Size MAX
Intel Rapid Storage Technology Disabled
AHCI On
2nd Marvell Controller Off
Legacy USB Support Enabled
USB 3.0 = Enabled
XHCI Handoff Enabled
EHCI Handoff Enabled
Intel Virtualisation Enabled
VT-d Disabled
High Precision Event Timer On

and see if this works by adding Hardware Acceleration=On at the prompt when booting up. If you want to try you also can try changing your org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /Extras to the one below (replacing the part starting from <dict> in your file):

<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

With regards to your KP on the TP2, you cannot have simultaneous output from HDMI/DVI and TP2 at the same time. You can have TP1 + TP2, TP1 + DVI or HDMI, but not TP1 + TP2 + DVI/HDMI as there's not enough resources for TP2. TP2 in this instance will become port for storage use only. Also if you are using two Thunderbolt displays on say TP1, the two must be separated in the chain with a separate device like this > TP1 port > TBDisplay1 > TBStorage > TBDisplay2

Let us know how you get on...

I've been using my new Hackintosh for about 2 months now, and I have to say, it's the best one I've built!!! I've been playing around with hacks since 2005, and its the first time everything just works the way its suppose to, from sleep to getting Parallels Desktop to access Win8 Pro as boot camp. I am very happy with what i have, Thank you TonyMac and friends, Merry Christmas!!!

I've been using my new Hackintosh for about 2 months now, and I have to say, it's the best one I've built!!! I've been playing around with hacks since 2005, and its the first time everything just works the way its suppose to, from sleep to getting Parallels Desktop to access Win8 Pro as boot camp. I am very happy with what i have, Thank you TonyMac and friends, Merry Christmas!!!

I'd second that, these are the closest thing to a real mac all u need is chameleon and fake SMc simplest install ever

I think that you have same problem as I had. Rear I/O panel shield has two metal strips that have gone in to the thunderboltconnector.
You can cut them off if you don't want to remove motherboard and put the shield panel to the right place.
After that should miniDP fit to thunderbolt port.

Ok. So that means I didn't install the rear I/O shield correctly. That makes sense. I'll look more closely.

I have basically the same components mentioned, differences are non-K version, SanDisk Extreme 120gb SSD, and different cooler..

Anyway- I got it to install from the USB but then it got stuck on IOBluetoothHCIConnection Start - Completed

Used -x to install multibeast stuff

now i'm stuck on macx_swapon SUCCESS

Any tips?

Hi Dekkars,

Try my tips here. Change your BIOS settings to mine and see if they work:
>http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-desktop-support/71839-ga-z77x-up5-th-install-issues.html#post512725

For the driver for your GTX 570 card, I would suggest use Multibeast 5.1.3 and the 1st Nvidia OpenGL driver. No need for the 10.8.2 supplemental update nor Macbook Air 2.0 update.

Also try to add this into org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /Extras and see if it works for you.
This works for both Nvidia & Intel setup on my UP5 TH:

<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Try booting in with -v -x on the Intel card, and -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

As for the other MB drivers, I would select USERDSDT, Without DSDT Realtek ALC898, Hnak's Intel1000ESD driver and a SMBIOS of Mac Pro 3,1.

Hope that helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back