Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt (Updated to 10.8.2 and MultiBeast 5.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everyone on this forum and particular to those sharing on this thread. I have been very happy with my build.

I have the GA-Z77-UP5 TH with the I7-3770K. I have 16GB of memory. I am using HD4000 out to my 27 inch Apple Cinema Display via mini DisplayPort to thunderbolt. Things seem to run excellent with a couple of wrinkles.

1. when restarting the computer the display only shows the upper left hand quarter of the display but it takes up the full screen. I have found two ways to fix this. I can unplug and replug the display into the thunderbolt jack or I and get into the system settings and change the resolution to another setting then putting it back to 2560x1440.

2. Downloads go very slow. I use a wired Ethernet connection. Web pages load lightning fast. Speed test through speakeasy are similar to my other machines. But when I download apps from different web sites, they seem to take much longer than what I have noticed on the other machines.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jerk,

Try the same commands as I've given, namely -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 OR -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 - these should get you somewhere, but you will need to install the Multibeast Fermi OpenCL driver in addition to the GEForce Mac drivers from Nvidia's website. However I have heard the 4xx series has certain recognition issues in ML. Try the updates first and see where they get you...

Thanks Middleman. None of that worked, but I went through my BIOS and disabled Vt-d and now I can boot! I see now that you said that earlier in the thread (on page 4) and I somehow missed it when looking through the thread. Ugh...frustrating. Now I have to get Messages and Dictation working.

B0rnw1ld,

Your card should work with this board. After Unibeast installation you could try installing the Nvidia Fermi OpenCL driver with Multibeast + the Nvidia Mac GEForce drivers > http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html. As to boot into the system with the Nvidia 9500 card installed, you may need to use -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000 OR -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x3000 if there are issues booting in...

Hi

Sorry if i didn't mention everything. I have no issues booting in with the card, the problem is getting the internal graphics to work. And that was my question before, that do i need to inject my device string into boot to make it work. Right now i have everything working except the hd4000.

B0rnw1ld,

To get the internal graphics to work, in addition to the Nvidia drivers you've installed now you'll also need the 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0, Macbook Air update and patches and changes to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist mentioned in Alfa's guide.

B0rnw1ld,

To get the internal graphics to work, in addition to the Nvidia drivers you've installed now you'll also need the 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0, Macbook Air update and patches and changes to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist mentioned in Alfa's guide.

just curious, why would you need to install the NVidia drivers, if you are installing the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0, it has newer NVidia drivers included in it????

just curious, why would you need to install the NVidia drivers, if you are installing the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0, it has newer NVidia drivers included in it????

There are changes made in these two sets of updates that is not covered in the Nvidia GEForce pack, which is mainly dealing with how the system can use both Intel and discreet graphics together. The Nvidia drivers will only cover a standard single GTX card, not dual Intel+Nvidia.

There are changes made in these two sets of updates that is not covered in the Nvidia GEForce pack, which is mainly dealing with how the system can use both Intel and discreet graphics together. The Nvidia drivers will only cover a standard single GTX card, not dual Intel+Nvidia.

that didn't answer my question, that explained why we use the updates, again, i asked why bother with the NVidia GeForce pack???

B0rnw1ld,

I don't have a secondary card, but I have done all those things. On restarts I still get a full screen of the upper left hand quadrant of a normal screen. Unplugging and replugging fixes it as does getting in the display settings changing it from best for display to scaled. I then drop down to a lower resolution and it is fixed and I can go back to a high res.

Any other suggestions

that didn't answer my question, that explained why we use the updates, again, i asked why bother with the NVidia GeForce pack???

@Bimmer325Ci
From what I gather the Nvidia pack drivers has updates that covers ALL Nvidia PC cards usable with a Mac, including compatible IDs and related files for various non-Apple Fermi cards. The Apple updates only cover a very small number of Intel Mac-specific cards + has the dual monitor option.

@dadeli
Have you tried installing the 1080p Res boot option with Multibeast?

@Bimmer325Ci
From what I gather the Nvidia pack drivers has updates that covers ALL Nvidia PC cards usable with a Mac, including compatible IDs and related files for various non-Apple Fermi cards. The Apple updates only cover a very small number of Intel Mac-specific cards + has the dual monitor option.

@dadeli
Have you tried installing the 1080p Res boot option with Multibeast?

ok, good point!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back