Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt (Updated to 10.8.2 and MultiBeast 5.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Middleman,
I tried that and also changed definitions from Mac Pro 3,1 to iMac 12,2. When I rebooted it booted to a prefect screen but my system froze at that point and I could only get out by reseting.

I tried to boot into safe mode -x but I never got past a pure white screen.

I tried to boot -x GraphicsEnabler=No, I froze at a white screen with the apple logo in the middle and a cursor arrow in the upper left hand portion of the screen which does not move.

Any idea? any way to get back to where I was before? If I do have to reinstall ML which I have done a couple times already, is there anyway to save my work so I don't have to reinstall ML

I decided to reinstall. As I went through multibeast, I noticed that under USB 3.0 - 3rd party that I selected both CalDigit and LaCie. This time I just selected LaCie. As well I did not select GraphicsEnabler=No. It now boots up prefect.

I seem to be having issues.

Last night I installed the GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH into my case with a EVGA GTX 680 inside and I keep coming up with the same kernal panic after the update restart.

I can install it properly and everything works, but as soon as I get to MultiBeast and check box everything from the screen shot and update. Once I get to the restart it restarts fine then as soon as its booting up I get a kernal panic.

It seems to be inrelation to AppleTYMCEDriver but I'm unsure.

I cannont seem to also install the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro 2.0 update because it says my computer isn't compadible.

Any help?

Hey everyone. I've been using this build for a while and everything is fine except I have random crashing/freezing. I posted about it on the other thread but it seems to have disappeared.

Randomly (haven't been able to detect any sort of pattern), my system will lock up. During this time I'll still be able to move my mouse around the screen, but all screen elements will be frozen. Hovering over icons in the dock won't display any text. If music was already playing, it will continue to play, but the screen will remain frozen. (Curiously, if I press F8—the play/pause button on Mac keyboards—I can pause the music.) I have to cycle the power off and on again to get it to work.

This has been going on since I built the machine in October. Sometimes it happens once a week, sometimes multiple times a day. People gave me lots of things to try, but it only recently occurred to me that checking the Console after the crash would be the best course of action. After every crash, I'm faced with something like this:

kernel: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0x2c = GR: Fault During Context Switch

Sometimes one line of this, sometimes many, and sometimes the text at the end is different. This would make sense, since it seems obvious that something is wrong with the video. Since the problem hasn't been getting worse I'd like to suspect that it's not a hardware issue, but instead software. If anyone can provide insight into this issue I would be incredibly happy, since otherwise the Hack works like a dream.

Full parts list:

Corsair HX650
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
Intel i7 3770k Ivy Bridge 3.5ghz
SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD
Corsair Vengeance 16gb (2x8gb) 1600mhz
GTX 670 (EVGA)

I do not have HD 4000 enabled.

Running on the Mac Pro 3,1 system definition. I read that 5,1 might fix the issue, but it panicked and wouldn't let me in. Had to use safe mode to get in and change it back to 3,1.

Also, someone had suggested this was a Chrome issue, but I used solely Firefox for a while and had the same issue. Then someone thought it was a Flash issue, but this has happened without a browser or any instance of Flash running. It doesn't seem tied to an application.

Running on the Mac Pro 3,1 system definition. I read that 5,1 might fix the issue, but it panicked and wouldn't let me in. Had to use safe mode to get in and change it back to 3,1.

I have a system almost identical to yours (3770K, same board, same GPU but from gigabyte). Never had any problems like your...
Nevertheless, I've been able to get Mac Pro 5,1 definition without the panic at boot by deleting "AppleTyMCEDriver.kext" which is said to cause some mess with the latest macpro definition.

Don't know whether it will solve your problems but at least it should enable you the MacPro 5,1 definition without the panic !!

**UPDATE**
I think I figured out the issue. I had a Link-sys USB Hub plugged in and a few additional items plugged into that. Such as a card reader, bluetooth dongle, my mouse and keyboard, iPhone, and charger for pen. I unplugged all of those items and plugged all of my bluetooth dongles directly into the pc and problems have not occurred. I believe there is an issue with the usb hubs that causes it to lock up and sometimes crash. I will repost if the issue comes back. ::fingers crossed::

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I have been running into this issue myself. Just random freezes when surfing the web on firefox that causes my mouse and keyboard to stop working. And starting last night just random power down crashes that I don't know how to find the errors for.

Cooler Master Silent Pro M - 850W 80 PLUS
SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch
Gigabyte Intel Z77 Dual Thunderbolt ATX Motherboard GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz
Logitech Keyboard K750
IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter
WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive
2 of EVGA GeForce GTX670 2048MB GDDR5
Logitech Performance MX
3 of View Sonic Monitors

Hi,

first, thank you for this guide, I followed it and it got my new Hackintosh to work perfectly! The only issue I'm having for now is that when I put my computer to sleep, it wakes a few seconds later... Have you experienced any similar issues?

Thanks!

I have the same problem, but found no solution. To you know more now?

B0rnw1ld,

To get the internal graphics to work, in addition to the Nvidia drivers you've installed now you'll also need the 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0, Macbook Air update and patches and changes to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist mentioned in Alfa's guide.

When you say you the changes mentioned in Alfa's guide, he's using a different card, so do i have to generate a string for my card? I tried that and maybe i am not generating the hex string right, and follow the steps i get a blank screen after the apple logo. It boots normal when i remove the device properties string and set graphics enabler = Yes.

What's the best way to generate the right string?I followed the instructions i found here.

http://forum.netkas.org/index.php?topic=222.0

Really appreciate all the help...

I decided to reinstall. As I went through multibeast, I noticed that under USB 3.0 - 3rd party that I selected both CalDigit and LaCie. This time I just selected LaCie. As well I did not select GraphicsEnabler=No. It now boots up prefect.

@dadeli

You don't even need to install USB 3.0 from Multibeast as its native once Unibeast is installed - it works perfect without it...

@craighton

I'd advise you to update your BIOS first to F11 and change your BIOS settings:

Init Display First AUTO
Primary PEG AUTO
Internal Graphics Enabled
Internal Graphics Memory Size 64MB
DVMT Total Memory Size MAX
Intel Rapid Storage Technology Disabled
AHCI On
2nd Marvell Controller Off
Legacy USB Support Enabled
USB 3.0 = Enabled
XHCI Handoff Enabled
EHCI Handoff Enabled
Intel Virtualisation Enabled
VT-d Disabled
High Precision Event Timer On
EFI BIOS Priority

Make sure your drives are connected to the white SATA ports 0 or 1 and your USB stick is booting from a USB 2.0 port. And that your Nvidia card is connected to the last DVI port or first HDMI port nearest the top of the plate.

From here select your Unibeast USB as the priority UEFI boot drive and boot into it by typing -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 at the chameleon boot prompt. It should boot straight into the installer.

For Multibeast select the following:

USERDSDT
Audio > Without DSDT Realtek ALC 898 Audio
Network > Hnak's Intel1000ESD Network driver
Graphics > Nvidia Fermi OpenGL (for GTX670 or 6xx Kepler cards)

Before you finish you also need to install the Nvidia graphics drivers here> http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html

and then change your org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /Extras folder in your main hard drive to the one below. To open the file, right-click the chameleon boot plist file and then select Open With > Textedit and replacing your lines with the ones below. Just save it afterwards:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

When that is finished do a permissions repair with Disk Utility. Just go to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility. Highlight your drive and select Repair Permissions. Then quit and reboot the system. When you finish your system should be fully functional. If you got problems you can always boot in with -v -x.

@Stephengeorg

Try updating to the F11 BIOS and installing the latest Nvidia GEForce Mac drivers in addition to the CUDA drivers
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda-mac-driver.html

@B0rnw1ld

From what I know, Alfa's guide (the part with the Device ID on the end paragraph) uses the Intel HD4000, with internal video RAM set to 32MB. The RAM setting must match the Device ID string for it to work. Apparently this is the best setting for this board according to this guide > http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ad-fyi-only-guide-10-8-how-enable-hd4000.html

I really can't help you on the Nvidia patch because Alfa created that file on his own specifically for his card in question, and I do not necessarily know how he got to that. I assume he used Netkas' guide. But I also think the Supplemental Updates may not necessarily work for the 9800GT (because it is not Kepler, which the updates are designed for). If you want it to work as a dual monitor you may have to look for the EFI string elsewhere, perhaps from other builds, or upgrade your card to the GT670 (unless someone else has another idea)?

I seem to be having issues.

Last night I installed the GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH into my case with a EVGA GTX 680 inside and I keep coming up with the same kernal panic after the update restart.

I can install it properly and everything works, but as soon as I get to MultiBeast and check box everything from the screen shot and update. Once I get to the restart it restarts fine then as soon as its booting up I get a kernal panic.

It seems to be inrelation to AppleTYMCEDriver but I'm unsure.

I cannont seem to also install the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro 2.0 update because it says my computer isn't compadible.

Any help?

Craighton,

It sounds like you are selecting MacPro4,1 or MacPro5,1, if you select one of those, you need to delete AppleTYMCEDriver.kext from System/Library/Extension folder, other wise choose MacPro3,1. To get the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro 2.0 to install, you need to change your SMBIOS to MacBookPro10,1 or download this pre-patch file.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0fPTytjLtnzYWtLRlI1dWZZSkE/edit?pli=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back