Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming and GA-Z270X-UD5 Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, also first time builder here. I´m interested in using
GA-Z270X-DESIGNARE or GA-Z270X-UD5
No one tested 200Series of Designare yet right? I couldn't find anything in the forum.
Should I just use the UD5? My other parts which I consider to buy are.

Intel Core i7 6700 4x 3.40GHz
8GB Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce 3X OC Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16

2x 250GB Samsung 850 Evo 2.5"
16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT
650 Watt Corsair RMx Series RM650x Modular 80+ Gold
Zalman CNPS8900 Quiet Topblow

Can someone give me his opinion about this?
Cheers Twaan

@RomanoSoprano What does the Lilu.kext in your kext.zip do? I'm trying to fix my usb 3.0 and I was wondering if any of those files are needed to fix it. I searched and couldn't find what the Lilu.kext does.

What does the Lilu.kext in your kext.zip do?

It is solution for situation when after Apple logo loading nothing happens, only black screen.
https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/5y1lot/nvidia_black_screen_issue_got_you_down_imac151/

Hey Guys here is my update for my first build.
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-Gaming 5
CPU: i7-7700K Kaby Lake
Graphics: EVGA GTX 980 Ti HYBRID

Finally, after 4 days of Apple logo installation freezing, I found a problem - it was UniBeast 7.01.
After I updating to new UniBeast 7.1 here is the newest one 7.1.1 USB flash installer with Sierra 10.12.4
I was using the Clover Configurator for config file.
config.plist from (USB) EFI
“Kernel and Kext Patches” -> FakeCPUID -> 0x0506E3
“Boot” -> nv_disable=1
“SSDT” -> iMac 17,1
Kext files: EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
FakeSMC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
Lilu.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

Installed MultiBeast - Sierra 9.0.1
Updated the config file and kexts on Samsung 250 GB HD) EFI
After I installed Nvidia updates:
macOS 10.12.4 Sierra - 367.15.10.45f01 I have a apple logo freeze.
I've tried to connect monitor via MOBO DP1.2 and 980ti DP1.2

I'm attaching the Bios setting and config file. Please let me know how can i fix it! Please share the Clover Configurator screenshots or kext files.
How can I fix it Nvidia web Drivers?

Where can i found the ssdt option on config.plist? Thanksgiving

Hi guys :) I have GA-Z270X-UD5 booting quite well (Kaby Lake CPU and GeForce 660Ti + 1080Ti) but i'n unable to get Nvidia Drivers working on both cards (separately)
"About my Mac" says "NVIDIA Chip Model 7 Mo" : I get an image but no 3D acceleration. I already tried to force the webDrivers, get nvram emulation, but nothing changed...

I'm now trying to make a clean install...

Do you have any idea ?

Edit : ok, fixed it with lilu and nvidiafix... these keyxt are magic :)

Last edited:
Hi guys :) I have GA-Z270X-UD5 booting quite well (Kaby Lake CPU and GeForce 660Ti + 1080Ti) but i'n unable to get Nvidia Drivers working on both cards (separately)
"About my Mac" says "NVIDIA Chip Model 7 Mo" : I get an image but no 3D acceleration. I already tried to force the webDrivers, get nvram emulation, but nothing changed...

I'm now trying to make a clean install...

Do you have any idea ?

Edit : ok, fixed it with lilu and nvidiafix... these keyxt are magic :)
Can you tell my which guide you used? I will start next week with my build. Ud5 and msi gtx 1070.

Can you tell my which guide you used? I will start next week with my build. Ud5 and msi gtx 1070.

Hi,

In fact, I took an old HD from an old mackintosh (with an old clover install)... i just tweaked the CPU (fakeid), the Nvidia drivers and the CM bios to get it working.

But I think if you follow tony's installation guides, you should be able to do it at 90%. Just pay attention to have the last clover/MB/bios upgrades.

Anyway, if you have questions or issue, ask here... now you know this config is working ^^

Universal Audio Apollo Twin is up and runnig via Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter.

Success. GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-UD5 + i7 7700k + ASUS GTX 650 Ti + Samsung 960 EVO M.2 as boot hard drive.

Ethernet, USB 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 works, RAM size and frequences, graphic card name and VRAM size are correct, audio line-out and headphone ports works with manual switch in sound prefs, haven't check SPDIF and HDMI sound.

So far Shut Down via case power button doesn't work, only with keyboard key combination (in my case it's FN+F12).

My next steps will be getting Universal Audio Apollo Twin to work via Thunderbolt cable and Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter.

Hey everyone. I just managed to get El Capitan installed on my new (first ever) build yesterday....thanks to tonymacx86! I got the GA-Z270MX Gaming 5 and i7-7700k. I know the mobo is different than what you guys have in this thread, but I think they have much in common. So things are pretty good so far. I have some things that aren't working, though. I'm on information overload, and it's time I ask for a little help!

1) After my DSDT patches were implemented, I went to check sound by opening youtube. I have no sound on motherbord output or case headphone jack, even with manually changing line out device in system prefs. What did work, was sys prefs popped up the headphones device option when I plugged them in, so at least I know it's not a hardware issue.

2) Playing the youtube video showed me another problem. At first, the video wouldn't play at all. I tried a few different videos, and finally one played. Since then, I have only gotten one more video to play at all. I am not even able to play a very small mp4 locally. I have BIOS set to pre-allocated DVMT of 96MB. Everything else works fine except for some artifacts on startup. No other graphic issues that I have noticed yet at all.

Can anyone point me towards the direction of a fix for this? I did see in another thread that some people had success with voodoo. I was going to try it now, but I wanted to post this before I make any changes that might make matters worse.

Edit to add: I also have sleep problem, it shuts down on sleep. I have set it to never sleep until I could look into it, so I forgot to add it earlier.
Also, I found one problem already. I had no ig-platform-id. I have fixed that since posting, but it did not help the video problem at all. I saved it and verified it stuck after reboot. Will keep hunting for errors.

jHc7SeV.png

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 111
  • IOReg.zip
    576.8 KB · Views: 85
  • kextcache.zip
    836 bytes · Views: 99
  • kextstat.zip
    1 KB · Views: 96
  • rehabman.zip
    49.4 KB · Views: 103