Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming and GA-Z270X-UD5 Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet, I don't have appropriate device =(
For now I can only see 3.1 bus in System Information and use with 2.0 devices connected to 3.1 port.

During post installation I used Clover Bootloader as it mentioned in guide RomanoSoprano kindly posted in #84, that's where the drivers came from.
Then I decided not to manually add patches in DSDT but instead used "Inject Kext - Yes" option in "System Parameters" section of Clover Configurator.

That's all for now, config and kext files attached.

This worked like a charm for me, thanks @barsqiue! GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-UD5 + i7 7700k + eVGA 1080 SuperClocked + Intel 750 NVMe PCIe as boot hard drive, dual-booting Windows on the same drive.

Ethernet works, Nvidia's new Pascal drivers work, audio works, FileVault2 works, USB works.

I haven't tried USB 3, Thunderbolt, WiFi or Bluetooth stuff yet.

Not yet, I don't have appropriate device =(
For now I can only see 3.1 bus in System Information and use with 2.0 devices connected to 3.1 port.

During post installation I used Clover Bootloader as it mentioned in guide RomanoSoprano kindly posted in #84, that's where the drivers came from.
Then I decided not to manually add patches in DSDT but instead used "Inject Kext - Yes" option in "System Parameters" section of Clover Configurator.

That's all for now, config and kext files attached.

Got everything working @barsqiue his config and kext files.

Can´t test ethernet and displayport.
Everything else working fine.

Thanks man.

Universal Audio Apollo Twin is up and runnig via Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter.
Hi, Barsqiue, any chance you can provide a guide to get the Thunderbolt 3 working? I have an Apogee Symphony MkII that I'm trying to get working on a GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 ... very similar to your board. Thanks for any help!

Just about to start the instal with my GA-Z270X UD5. I'm wondering if I need to update my BIOS? It's currently on F1, but there is an F4 update. Is this update needed, or should I leave it be if everything is working fine?

Just about to start the instal with my GA-Z270X UD5. I'm wondering if I need to update my BIOS? It's currently on F1, but there is an F4 update. Is this update needed, or should I leave it be if everything is working fine?
F1 works fine for me.

Hello everybody,

I post here today with a problem that I cannot seem to get around.
This is my build :

GA-Z270X-UD5

i7 7700k 4,2Ghz

GTX 1080 ti

I followed all the steps in different guides here and there. I first had to install Sierra without the GTX inside otherwise I didn't get any display.

Now that I've put the GPU in, I got a kernel panic everytime I try to boot even when I put nv_disable=1
I'd like to keep using the iGFX and keep the card for rendering.

Any ideas ?

Thank you.

EDIT Got everything working (including USB-C), took me about a week ! There are still things that I cannot figure out but I'll just wait for the native support, let's hope soon !
Thanks so much to everyone on this forum, your posts were really helpful !!

Last edited:
I've been trying every step by step I can find and still no luck with the install. I've tried UniBeast, I've tried terminal with Clover. I've tried multiple config and kext setups. It just keeps rebooting after I select my hd from the Clover screen. I see the Apple logo and then it reboots to the Clover landing screen.

GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-UD5
i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Skylake
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Here's the latest config.plist and shot of my kexts other folder. In my kexts folder I only have this other folder as I removed the other options.

I really appreciate any help with this - thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    17.6 KB · Views: 229
  • kextshot.png
    kextshot.png
    168.6 KB · Views: 197
I've been trying every step by step I can find and still no luck with the install. I've tried UniBeast, I've tried terminal with Clover. I've tried multiple config and kext setups. It just keeps rebooting after I select my hd from the Clover screen. I see the Apple logo and then it reboots to the Clover landing screen.

GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-UD5
i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Skylake
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Here's the latest config.plist and shot of my kexts other folder. In my kexts folder I only have this other folder as I removed the other options.

I really appreciate any help with this - thanks!

This helped me a lot

Check this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-sierra-on-kabylake-h270n-wifi.218494/
I have working Gigabyte GA-Z270X gaming 5

Just do every single step on logic board.com and then use the kexts
of barsique, use newest version of UniBeast.

I have almost the same build as you.

Hi, can you check if internal GPU will work with dual screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back