Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming and GA-Z270X-UD5 Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, RomanoSoprano!

First question, is it GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-UD5 modo you got or is it GA-Z270X-Gaming 5 as it stated in your BIOS screenshot?

The second one, can you, please, attach all the kext files you used, since your kext files.rar contains only Lilu.kext?

I managed to install Sierra 10.12.4 on NVMe SSD with config RomanoSoprano provided and Mork vom Ork from insanlymac guide (so far Ethernet and USB 3.0 works, RAM size and frequency displays correctly, can't move forward with graphics), but I'm currently unable to make stable Clover installation. Working on it.

I got GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-UD5 with i7 7700k and ASUS GTX 650 Ti.

Last edited:
Hi, RomanoSoprano!

First question, is it GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-UD5 modo you got or is it GA-Z270X-Gaming 5 as it stated in your BIOS screenshot?

The second one, can you, please, attach all the kext files you used, since your kext files.rar contains only Lilu.kext?
Looks like i ordered wrong one =) Yes it GA-Z270X-Gaming 5
Here is comparison between them
http://motherboards.specout.com/com...TE-GA-Z270X-UD5-vs-GIGABYTE-GA-Z270X-Gaming-5

So What I missing is Thunderbolt 3 port but I have Integrated Graphics Compatibility and GIGABYTE-GA-Z270X-UD5 don't.

I managed to install Sierra 10.12.4 on NVMe SSD with config RomanoSoprano provided and Mork vom Ork from insanlymac guide (so far Ethernet and USB 3.0 works, RAM size and frequency displays correctly, can't move forward with graphics), but I'm currently unable to make stable Clover installation. Working on it.

I got GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-UD5 with i7 7700k and ASUS GTX 650 Ti.

Check out that guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...on-200-series-with-kabylake-processor.218494/
I followed it yesterday on a fresh installation and all works now.
MAKE SURE YOU are installed the Latest Clover Bootloader 4049
Open Clover Bootloader that downloaded–>In the Installation Type–> Select Customize–>Expand Driver64UEFI–>TickEmuVariableuefi-64–>Tick Install RC Scripts on the target volume–>Click Install.

upload_2017-4-7_10-29-30.png

I still have to test everything especially I have a different USB layout and Audio.
I have working NvidiaWeb Drive and fixed shut down problem.

I still don't know how to test if everything is installed correctly especially DSDT and SSDT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Success. GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-UD5 + i7 7700k + ASUS GTX 650 Ti + Samsung 960 EVO M.2 as boot hard drive.

Ethernet, USB 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 works, RAM size and frequences, graphic card name and VRAM size are correct, audio line-out and headphone ports works with manual switch in sound prefs, haven't check SPDIF and HDMI sound.

So far Shut Down via case power button doesn't work, only with keyboard key combination (in my case it's FN+F12).

My next steps will be getting Universal Audio Apollo Twin to work via Thunderbolt cable and Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter.

Last edited:
Success. GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-UD5 + i7 7700k + ASUS GTX 650 Ti + Samsung 960 EVO M.2 as boot hard drive.

Ethernet, USB 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 works, RAM size and frequences, graphic card name and VRAM size are correct, audio line-out and headphone ports works with manual switch in sound prefs, haven't check SPDIF and HDMI sound.

So far Shut Down via case button doesn't work.

My next steps will be getting Universal Audio Apollo Twin work via Thunderbolt cable and Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter.

You nailed it comrade!
Did You check the USB 3.1 speed how it works?

You nailed it comrade!
Did You check the USB 3.1 speed how it works?

Not yet, I don't have appropriate device =(
For now I can only see 3.1 bus in System Information and use with 2.0 devices connected to 3.1 port.

During post installation I used Clover Bootloader as it mentioned in guide RomanoSoprano kindly posted in #84, that's where the drivers came from.
Then I decided not to manually add patches in DSDT but instead used "Inject Kext - Yes" option in "System Parameters" section of Clover Configurator.

That's all for now, config and kext files attached.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 267
  • Kext files.zip
    469.3 KB · Views: 284
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 22.42.50.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 22.42.50.png
    292 KB · Views: 1,088
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 22.55.25.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 22.55.25.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,075
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 22.38.54.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 22.38.54.png
    192 KB · Views: 976
Last edited:
I just tested the Gigabyte Z270X-UD5 with Sierra 10.12.3 and Thunderbolt 3 port worked as expected without any Windows configuration

@tonymacx86, can you, please, describe what should I see in "Thunderbolt" and "PCI" System Report sections even when my TH device disconnected? And don't you mind show your BIOS configuration?

My Apollo Twin Thunderbolt doesn't work not under Windows, not under Sierra 10.12.4. I got Z270X-UD5, the Thunderbolt settings in BIOS is a bit differ from 100-series chips, I'm not shure if my settings is correct. Latest BIOS (F3b) and TH driver installed.

@barsqiue
Thx for the config.plist and the kext files.

I finally was able to install sierra on my Z270X Gaming 5 and Intel 7700

To my surprise, video resolution was immediately spot on; my TP-Link wifi card was also working right away.
nice!
USB 3 ports work, but I get the feeling not at full potential.

Still room for tweaks.

But thx alot

*edit*
Also, my two m.2 SSD disks were able to create a raid 0 in the Sierra setup without any hiccups! Yay!

Not yet, I don't have appropriate device =(
For now I can only see 3.1 bus in System Information and use with 2.0 devices connected to 3.1 port.

During post installation I used Clover Bootloader as it mentioned in guide RomanoSoprano kindly posted in #84, that's where the drivers came from.
Then I decided not to manually add patches in DSDT but instead used "Inject Kext - Yes" option in "System Parameters" section of Clover Configurator.

That's all for now, config and kext files attached.

Greetings all, first time builder here. I'm looking to buy this very setup apart from the graphics card. Will follow your posts with great interest. Hope you don't mind ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back