Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming and GA-Z270X-UD5 Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey guys, I have an Intel I7-7700K in a GIGABYTE Z270X-UD5 1151, cooled with a ZALMAN LQ-320 Water/Liquid CPU Cooler 120MM and GPU AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition. I have plenty of fans and 4 (3.5)hard drives, 2 SSDs and an NVME boot drive.

I started having problems a few months ago with high temps and freezing. It got progressively worse with multiple freezes daily. A few times the screen freezes while the mouse still moves also the screens go black and the sounds still plays. But most of the time the screens freeze.

I’m getting regular run temps in the BIOS of 53c, and through Intel App “Intel Power Gadget” between 61c to 68c under steady load, but spurts up to 80c when after launch and opening up webpages. This seems very high! I am not overclocking at all.

It was powered with a RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-730SS 730W so I thought maybe the Vega FE wasn't being powered sufficiently and freezing. I upgraded the PSU to a Corsiar HX1200 and the problem persist!

I originally used Antec Formula 7 Cooling compound on the CPU.

I think the CPU is overheating and freezing. It could also possibly be the motherboard or thermal compound to the cooler. I ran TechTool Pro 9 and everything seems fine.

I want to try cooling down the CPU with some GELID Solutions GC-Extreme Thermal Compound and possibly a new liquid cpu cooler.

Then I updated the Z270X-UD5 BIOS from F5 to F6d, last night. Since then I have had only 2 freezes, after I really multitasked and ran a lot of apps with ‘Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate’ shooting the temps into the mid 80s. It is running much better and more solid. I think that was the main culprit. I ordered the GELID Solutions GC-Extreme Thermal Compound and will see the temps after applying it. If I don’t get lower temps I will RMA the CPU.

Anybody else having freezing issues and then had improvements after updating the BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back